Rumor: Lowe's Picks Up Target's Monsterville License

Started by aura of foreboding, August 13, 2020, 04:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

The mummy hand is very cool.  I was hoping for the dome with the windmill...  I missed that one.

Anton Phibes

The windmill cloche was the only thing I bought of any of this stuff.

favoritemonsters

Monsters For Sale

Someone else on YouTube mentioned window clings and a 9 ft. Inflatable Frankenstein.

Lowe's doesn't have anything on their online catalog, yet.

♪ It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween ♫.

This year's Frankenstein Head in a Dome is different:

https://youtu.be/53zqHtOewOA 
ADAM

Anton Phibes

The new Frankenstein head in a dome is more appealing to me than the other one for some reason. Zombie Confused

aura of foreboding

It's either a new sculpt or just a new paint job.  There are whites in these eyes, and there aren't on mine, nor does there appear to be room for such large whites on mine.  Gonna have to check it out!

Anton Phibes

Lights look brighter. Does it have all that dialogue and growling the first one had?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 16, 2020, 09:06:07 PM
Lights look brighter. Does it have all that dialogue and growling the first one had? 

I didn't think so - but, maybe this new video is just silent.

The new ones have different colored boxes and are being identified as Gemmy products.

Maybe they are the same.  I didn't remember the neck lights. 

First thing I do with stuff like this is take out the batteries.  (I hate the stupid noises they make.)
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

An eBay seller has 3 of the $99 Lowe's 9 ft. Inflatable Frankensteins for sale.

Marked up a mere 100%.

https://tinyurl.com/y3m2e86p
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Looks like the green jacket is gone on that giant Frankie.   ;D

zombiehorror

Quote from: aura of foreboding on August 16, 2020, 08:45:15 PM
It's either a new sculpt or just a new paint job.  There are whites in these eyes, and there aren't on mine, nor does there appear to be room for such large whites on mine.  Gonna have to check it out!

I think the Frankenstein bust have been resculpted for this line.

Monsters For Sale

Lowes 2020:

https://youtu.be/69IuJElD9dk

Looks like the small Frankenstein Bust is rubber.  No crazy about the rubber items.

Saw a couple rocking chairs on a top shelf.  I wonder if they rock themselves (Mother Bates)?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Skipping it all. Frankenstein globe 2.0 has that ridiculous dialogue and growling so no interest. If they are gonna use stuff like that....why not just use the actual film's sounds?
:'(

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 18, 2020, 04:14:43 PM
Skipping it all. Frankenstein globe 2.0 has that ridiculous dialogue and growling so no interest. If they are gonna use stuff like that....why not just use the actual film's sounds?
:'(

They should have used the Karloff growls and I'd think they'd be able to with their license.  The problem is Clive, as he seems to be with every licensed product.  I just wish some company would go for a Clive likeness and see what happens. 

Anton Phibes

Yeah, some distant relative popping out of the woodwork heretofore unknown, might prove problematic for Uni I suppose.  I am not sure I like their work around though. Nix Clive and just have electronic equipment sounds, and maybe a Karloff growl. Maybe next year, and not the end of the world or anything.