Give Me a Gun or Somethin'! The Monster's At the Door!

Started by bigbud, July 30, 2011, 02:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

RE: German helmets. When I was a kid a friend of my dad's gave me his war mementos - German helmet, belt buckle, Iron Cross, Swastika arm band and a number of pins. The buckle had what I swear was blood on it, and of course that's how I described it when I showed it to the kids in school. I wore that helmet (which I think is a firefighter's helmet minus the crest) many times playing war in a field by our house.
Everything except the Iron Cross and helmet were lost when our house was flooded in '72...

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: RICKH on April 16, 2012, 04:34:33 PM
The German helmet was one of many that I had back in the day.  I thought it was pretty cool looking.  But like I said the Monkey Division helmet was and still is my helmet of choice.

My buddy sat one of these in my hands when I visited him last week.  He'd gotten it at the weekly swap meet. Pretty cool!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Dr. Madd

Quote from: ChrisW on April 21, 2012, 08:17:04 PM
RE: German helmets. When I was a kid a friend of my dad's gave me his war mementos - German helmet, belt buckle, Iron Cross, Swastika arm band and a number of pins. The buckle had what I swear was blood on it, and of course that's how I described it when I showed it to the kids in school. I wore that helmet (which I think is a firefighter's helmet minus the crest) many times playing war in a field by our house.
Everything except the Iron Cross and helmet were lost when our house was flooded in '72...

Was there any holes on top for a crest?

This is a confirmed German firefighter's helmet
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

ChrisW

Quote from: Dr. Madd on April 23, 2012, 03:50:04 PM
Was there any holes on top for a crest?

This is a confirmed German firefighter's helmet

That is EXACTLY what it looks like, minus the crest - and yes, there are holes in the top. Even the decal is the same.Thanks for posting the pic!

Hepcat

Some awesome individual armaments were produced by a number of toy companies in the sixties but for a complete line of battlefield weaponry, the Remco Monkey Division product line was tough to beat:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

bigbud

Don't think I've seen the Monkey Gun in all those bright colors, but that would be cool if there are some out there. Only recently have I seen on E-bay a Monkey Div. helmet of different colors.....pretty nice.......Buddy

Hepcat

This thread needs more western cap guns. Few things were more annoying to the straightlaced than firing off caps and Wyatt Earp with his radio serial, TV show and comic books from several publishers ranks way up there in the pantheon of cowboy stars. Here are pictures of a Wyatt Earp six gun and a gun and holster set I lifted off the net:

8)

ChrisW

Wall,  that there is one fine shootin' piece, pardnuh!

A while back I had a Hopalong Cassidy cap gun and Hopalong Kodak camera, but sold them...

bigbud

Patron Zero

[quote   Don't think I've seen the Monkey Gun in all those bright colors, but that would be cool if there are some out there. Only recently have I seen on E-bay a Monkey Div. helmet of different colors.....pretty nice.......Buddy  [/quote]

I know Topper Toys,  the maker of the Johnny 7 O.M.A.,  had a variant color of the J-7 helmet recast in a blue color to match the Johnny Space Mobile X-7 console toy, such appears on the Space Mobile box and some dealer literature.     Uncertain if such ever made it beyond the prototype stage.

Makes one wonder if there had been plans for a black J-7 helmet for the Crime Buster multi-rifle or royal blue helmet for the Screaming Mee Mee-e rifle-pistol set.

ChrisW

Quote from: bigbud on April 27, 2012, 02:09:23 AM
Wall, go get em back! Quick!

When I see what the camera is going for now, I kind of wish I could!

Another toy I sold a while back that would fit nicely into this thread is the Johnny Reb Cannon.

It had serious fire power. In fact, I found this picture on a site about the most dangerous toys!

http://www.newstrick.com/2011/07/most-dangerous-toys.html

I'll bet this group could add a lot of nominees to that list!

Hepcat

Quote from: bigbud on July 30, 2011, 02:11:59 AM
I just used this pic in another post on comic ads...it is a Mattel M-16. No batteries involved. Pull the bolt back once and get 9 shots....long or short burst. Pull the bolt back 6 times and get a stream of over 50 continuous shots! And this sucker is LOUD! Manufactured in 1966. One false legend was that the M-16 actually used in Viet Nam was produced by Mattel. Actually the first versions of the military M-16 had plastic grips manufactured by Mattel.....and these grips had the Mattel logo on them. Complaints soon let to removal of the logo on the grips.

Here's the comic book ad:

And here's a video where the M-16 Marauder is fired off at about the 3:05 mark:

Mattel Marauder.wmv

8)

bigbud

Well done Hep! The sound of that thing firing is amazing.......more so in person. And loud! A great toy gun. I remember my best friend came over with a Marx B A R which was battery powered. He could pull the trigger and it would Bap-Bap-Bap as long as he held it down. Unfortunately my brother and I had bolt pull Mattel machine guns (not the Maurauder). We were obviously outgunned. He won several of the neighborhood "Wars"..........Buddy

bigbud

Here is an Ideal Ramar of the Jungle bolt-action rifle. This dates to mid-late 1950's. I'm not totally familiar with Ramar, but know it was a TV series in the 50's....Jungle Jim type stuff. This rifle took me awhile to track down many years ago. Difficult to find in it's cardboard carry case, with wall hanger. What sold me on this rifle was finding it with the front sights intact. They are made of soft pliable rubber and can easily fall off, harden and break off, or in the case of little brother, be chewed off. Rifle is a full 38" long........Buddy