70's "Spring Jump Toy" Kharis Mummy?

Started by Eye of Kharis, February 27, 2008, 01:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

The popper thing on mine is 1.5" tall without the head.  I can put a big head on it, well the pencil topper head, not the finger puppet head...

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: fmofmpls on February 27, 2008, 06:50:56 PM
The toy face itself is approximately 1 1/4" wide by 1 1/2" tall. Not nearly as small as the pencil toppers. Were there two size versions made of this spring toy?

Thanx for the info, General!

Now that we know those measurements, I think we can conclude there were definitely two sizes of the "horizontal half-head" versions, as the gray rubber face puppet in the upper right of the pic I posted is approx 1 3/4" tall, making that Frankenstein pop-up toy substantially smaller than the one found at Castle Famous... appears it's just slightly bigger than the pencil topper/charms...

Here's the pic again for convenience so you don't have to go back one page:

"There's a curse upon it - it means death to whoever breaks that seal..."- heard whenever my kids want to open my shrinkwrapped vintage Auroras

gracebuster

fmofmpls

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Wich2

The "large-sized" one sure looks like a Frankenstein-ed (in more ways than one!) Poppin Hoppie in that pic.

Sold out of a display box, I'd bet?

Best,
-Craig W.

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: gracebuster on February 28, 2008, 10:43:48 AM
Here you go.
I'll get you a better pic.

And Gracebuster comes through! That's IT! I knew I had seen a Kharis Mummy version somewhere along the way...

Whew... was worried that my one good eye was starting to go...

Can't wait to eye up a better pic - thanx everyone for responding!
"There's a curse upon it - it means death to whoever breaks that seal..."- heard whenever my kids want to open my shrinkwrapped vintage Auroras

gracebuster

Okay Eye here you are.

A nice close up.

and the gang.

gracebuster

Always been confused by this.

like that AHI POP UP frankenstein, could this be from the same set. It's smaller then an ahi head, maybe, and painted green

fmofmpls

Didn't I hear somebody talking about AHI pencil toppers at one time? Is this possibly one of them Dan? If they even exist that is. I can't remember who was telling about these things? Or did I dream it? Might have been Shannon who was talking about these at one time.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: gracebuster on February 28, 2008, 05:25:37 PM
Okay Eye here you are.

A nice close up.

Dua Netjer en ek to you, Gracebuster - based on the surrounding elements, this is the size of Terry's Frankenstein spring toy, correct?

Any additional info on these to go along with the great pics?!?

poseablemonster

Quote from: gracebuster on February 28, 2008, 05:27:22 PM
Always been confused by this.

like that AHI POP UP frankenstein, could this be from the same set. It's smaller then an ahi head, maybe, and painted green

Dan, this is an AHI pencil topper...probably the coolest item in the whole case in my opinion!  I never knew they existed until Shannon posted some pics about a year or two ago.  That is an incredible item, indeed...just fantastic! :o

gracebuster

Well, smell me!

I am the owner of an AHI pencil topper!

Thank you for the info.

Toy Ranch

Here's a shot of all the pencil toppers.

poseablemonster

Depending on where this pencil topper originated, it could mean that they were commercially produced somewhere.  Yet another monster toy mystery...

Toy Ranch

Quote from: poseablemonster on February 29, 2008, 08:42:12 AM
Depending on where this pencil topper originated, it could mean that they were commercially produced somewhere.  Yet another monster toy mystery...

I'm thinking that was the case.  In fact, I modified the photo description in the gallery to remove "unproduced prototype".

I saw pics of some CARDED AHI jigglers the other day.  Never have seen one before, but they did exist...