What do you want, that hasn't been made?

Started by BlackLagoon, May 07, 2010, 02:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

The rest of the Jeff Yeagher Aurora Box Art Tribute Kits. Because of the C + D's will never see the light of day. He still should be able to do the Witch and Hunchback but probably won't now. Too bad, Frankenstein was next.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

houseofdracula

I too would Love to see more of the Box Art kits!

I'd also Love to see an Aurora styled, Invisible Man.
Yes, I know that Moebius just did a version of this character and although it's a very cool diorama with the lab equipment and all, it just doesn't have that Aurora feel to it.

I was just telling Todd (of Resin the Barbarian) that "Dark Horse" came Very close (in my opinion) to what I'm talking about.  Their Invisible Man looks like the Universal version and it's in the correct scale to match the Aurora Monsters and the sculpting is perfect.
I think with some rats and other goodies (like a name plate) added to the kit, it could look like an Aurora Monster model kit.

Anyway, I'd love to see one done in plastic with the James Bama style art on the box.

Maybe in 2012, for the 50th anniversary of the Aurora Monster Models.
Visit The House of Dracula (Monster Model Museum) - https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Opera Ghost

An affordable lifesize Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!

OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Unknown Primate

The HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN bunch would be cool.  You could even buy them seperately, Niemann, Daniel, Wolf Man, Drac/Latos, etc.  and add to a big diorama a little at a time.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

graveghoul

I would love to see a 1/8th Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman diorama  done in the Aurora style!!  ;D

empty13

the spectre or phantom stranger

also, that tarantula sculpt that the one kid did, which seems to have been pulled from UMA...

that would be a cool model.

long live kong

I'm intrigued, someone sculpted a Tarantula?
Monster lovers never grow old....

empty13

yes, the son of a poster here did a sculpt of a scene from the flick "tarantula" where the tarantula is reaching up around and thru the floorboards to get a dying/deformed edmund gwenn. i dont remember the movie that well but the sculpt was really kewell.

maybe he is trying to sell it... or maybe the copyright owner pulled rank...

empty13

sans earlier suggestions, here is what i tend to send out...

(the picture of) dorian gray

the abominable snowman

bigfoot?

lionel atwill (house of wax) (or vincent price)

murder legendre (white zombie)

the abominable dr. phibes

the mole man

the thing from another world

kato / green hornet

the shadow

doc savage

the phantom (and devil?)

tarzan

flash gordon

mandrake

silver age dc heroes (flash, green lantern, hawkman, aquaman, green
arrow, atom, teen titans, spectre, phanton stranger, swamp thing, etc)

scarecrow of romney marsh

space ghost, birdman

silver age batman (or other) villains (penguin (repop?), catwoman,
joker, riddler, twoface, scarecrow, luthor, brainiac)

similar vintage marvel heroes or villains (fantastic four, dr. doom,
wolverine, dr. strange, the mighty thor, sub-mariner, daredevil dr.
octopus)

i guess i dont need to put zorro on the list anynore...

Headless Hearseman

All of the following from the quoted list below have been done at some point. There are also 2 versions of Der Golem, a couple of Cesare sculpts, and for you classic comic serial fans, many characters like Batman, Superman, The Phantom, Capt. Marvel, etc. from 1940's-50's serials and TV have made brief appearances on the kit scene. Oh yeah--that Lee and Cushing with crossed candlesticks was done a good 13 or so years ago...

house of wax vincent price Brian Moore

murder legendre (white zombie)  Janus,

the abominable dr. phibes  Ygor's Toys

the mole man  Horizon

the thing from another world  Billikin and others

kato / green hornet  Garage kit, later a vinyl pre-paint

the shadow

tarzan

flash gordon  IDC

Headless Fritz
maker of monsters
maker of custom kit plates

Mcdee

Detailed Bases for the MonsterMobiles!
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

monsterswin

Quote from: Cardone on May 09, 2010, 09:31:26 PM
I think Artomic did a Dr Caligari kit ......
I would love more Toho Kong kits and a Zombo kit !

He also did a wonderful Man Who  Laughs kit

Robert T.
Monsters are strong and powerful so that's why I work out!

monsterswin

Quote from: Headless Hearseman on May 27, 2010, 08:01:38 PM
All of the following from the quoted list below have been done at some point. There are also 2 versions of Der Golem, a couple of Cesare sculpts, and for you classic comic serial fans, many characters like Batman, Superman, The Phantom, Capt. Marvel, etc. from 1940's-50's serials and TV have made brief appearances on the kit scene. Oh yeah--that Lee and Cushing with crossed candlesticks was done a good 13 or so years ago...

One of the best of that bunch was the Diceman Kaluta style Shadow. I still have that one in a box waiting.....waiting........waiting. I have never much liked that old Lee/Cushing kit. I don't feel anyone has yet nailed Cushing, and the closest for Lee is the one on the cross from X O Facto.  For me I would love to see a kit where Lee (Drac) has one hand around Cushing's (Van Helsing) throat pushing him down towards the floor. Would like to see Yagher or Mike Hill tackle this

Robert T.
Monsters are strong and powerful so that's why I work out!

empty13