Pets of the UMA: the Beast Corps

Started by Gary D Macabre, February 16, 2008, 08:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARRY HAMMOCK

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/barnabus/000_0013.jpg     http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/barnabus/000_0004.jpg   Dixie our Lab and EZ GOING our pit bull.Both where our daughters,but guess who has um now.She has a 7 month old son now and I hope the trend has stopped!

Wich2

Dear Guys-

All great - thanks for sharing.

Gary, The Wife thinks Halloween is quite the beauty!

Elder Robert, thanks; a couple friends of ours who knew Gene said he had "a fine, dignified presense."

Bobby, why did Fluffy have the meeting with the shears?

Best,
-Craig W.

packy120353

Yay -  show pet and tell
First Boris and Bella the Catahoula Leopard doggies

Shadow the stair tripper

Daphne Cavy (we watch ScoobyDoo)

Her Royal Princess the Hampster

And Jerry Mathers as...

(We also keep a tankful of inbred mutant guppies but ya seen one ya seen em all)

Toy Ranch

Quote from: Wich2 on February 17, 2008, 01:47:05 PM

Bobby, why did Fluffy have the meeting with the shears?

Best,
-Craig W.

She was too fluffy.

Fluffy used to be my mother's cat, but my mother has other cats and Fluffy hates all other cats.  Dogs are fine, but cats... no way.  Her other cats were miserable and she was miserable.  Plus, Fluffy didn't like my mom too much, but she likes me real well.  I even changed her name.  It used to be "PK" for "Psycho Kitty".  Fluffy is because she is an overly hairy cat, so much so that her coat gets tangled and matted, and she won't allow anyone to brush her.  The only thing to do is shave her every once in a while, and she loves having short hair.  They leave her head, lets, and tail.  Fluffy is also named thusly because that is the name of the giant 3 headed dog in Harry Potter.  She is ferocious like that.  She also is more like a dog than a cat in many ways.  She doesn't seek petting or attention most of the time, and presents herself and waits patiently for it when she does seek it.  She doesn't jump up on things too much.  She likes her "alone" time.  She likes dogs, but chases cats.  Sometimes, she plays "fetch".  She doesn't like to be picked up or carried.  She comes when you call her name. 

Now, you know more about Fluffy than you ever wanted to :D

Toy Ranch

packy120353

Quoteher coat gets tangled and matted, and she won't allow anyone to brush her.  The only thing to do is shave her every once in a while,

Shadow's the same way, we shave him once a year and he looks ridiculous but likes the feeling. He also likes playing with the dogs. Long walks around the litterbox, some nice catnip and maybe some wacky shedding or ? Wants to be friends and maybe more. If you think you might have an extra life to risk, mew-mail me and I'm not fe-lyin!

I'm sorry WHY do I do that, I have no control whatsoever

Meek

This was my Ned. Two years ago I lost him to a stroke at the age or 13 or 14. Neddy was a most excellent dog and was a survivor of horrible abuse that left him lame for the rest of his life(his left shoulder had be fractured and dislocated and had to be surgically repaired) so he was basically a three-legged dog.
     Neddy had another close call 11 years ago when my vile Step-father tried to force Neddy to go with him into the back garage in order to take him along with him when he took his own life via carbon monoxide poisoning---my Step-father knew that Neddy's death would hurt me more than his own. He was right--I still mourn for Neddy but was exceedingly happy that my wicked Step-father finally gone.
     I took Neddy with me when ever and where ever I could; if Neddy couldn't go then I wouldn't and he loved to ride in the back seat of the car, visit new places and pee on historical markers(his hobby).
     Two weeks after Neddy's death, Ralphie the stray cat made himself known(he must've been casing the place and noticed the lack of Neddy) and eventually invited himself inside.
     So after almost 30 years of being with dogs there's now the Scissorpawed one sitting in my chair.

"Meek"

"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

typhooforme

Handsome Neddy!  You can just plain see the "goodness" of him in that photo, Meek!  Like me, you're adopted by felines after decades of dogtatorship.  I sometimes prefer pets to people.  Especially if I watch the evening news.

Makes no matter what they are, whether warm- or cold-blooded, dogs & cats & rodentia, reptiles, amphibians, and arachnids (fishes, too!)---they make our hearts warmer and our lives brighter.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

SpankRamen

Neddy looked like such a sweet dog. I LOVE DOGS! not really big on cats, though. I can tolerate kittens, but full grown cats I can't stand. I loathe rats & mice, they make me shiver. 

Illoman

Here's Maui! We adopted him after three other owners tried to keep him and couldn't handle him. He's bitten all of us several times, but usually only when he thought he was being imposed upon. He's an excellent watch dog, and we love him in spite of the bites!!

And here's Maui after he celebrated his birthday too aggressively!!

Mike

mike c

Fun, fun thread!
Well, we have three cats now, two of which I have no pictures of just yet. They are fairly recent adoptions.

But we have our five year old girl, Halli... short, of course, for Halloween:

Halli's a real sweetheart.

And then... well, not to bring anyone down, but until only last week, we had FOUR cats. Our beloved, 18 year old girl, Roadie, finally found a better place to chase a few butterflies and crickets 'til we can see her again:

The Queen is dead... long live the Queen!

So many cute pets in this group, what a cool thread!

Mike C.

ramsey37

Quote from: Meek on February 17, 2008, 06:22:10 PM

Neddy had another close call 11 years ago when my vile Step-father tried to force Neddy to go with him into the back garage in order to take him along with him when he took his own life via carbon monoxide poisoning---my Step-father knew that Neddy's death would hurt me more than his own. He was right--I still mourn for Neddy but was exceedingly happy that my wicked Step-father finally gone.

Sadly, some people are much easier to get along with once they're safely dead and buried. I had an alcoholic wife-beater of an uncle who was claimed by lung cancer, and I always felt bad that the cancer had to much on that scuzzy body....;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

raycastile

I just got a new cat a few days ago.  Her name is Samantha Jean.  She came from a Humane Society shelter.  They said she was so crabby and difficult that no one wanted to adopt her.  Well, she has been a real sweetheart with me.  No crabbiness whatsoever.

Raymond Castile

mike c

I'm always glad to see people adopt from the HS.  Good on ya', Ray. Maybe her previous crabbiness was simply her dislike of her environment (happens a LOT), and with a change of scenery she's back to her old self?
A beautiful long hair. Thanks for the pic.

Mike C.

Wich2

Here's our current orange tabby, "(Toby) Tyler (Taylor)", back in his baby days with sister Fiona (his name was Ferrel, back then):

Three years on, he still takes his ease in this - indelicate - position!

Best,
-Craig W.