John Zacherle

Started by Gasport, February 10, 2008, 05:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasport

To all those interested, i wanted to pass along that after 3 weeks in the hospital, followed by another 3 weeks in a rehab facility, Zacherley has finally returned to his apartment in NYC. The only real diagnosis was dehydration, but whatever it was sure knocked the wind out of his sails for a while. I visited him At the Hospital last month and can attest to his severely weakened condition. At any rate, he pulled thru the physical therapy like a champ in that typically stoic, uncomplaining style we that who love him admire him most for, and is already looking forward to meeting and greeting his fans and friends at the next Chiller convention in May.
                                                                                                                      Mike G

Tom Smith Monsternut

That is great News !  We all love ya Zach !

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

misterhorror

Long live Zach! He' to TV host what the monsters are to Universal.
misterhorror

The Drunken Severed Head

Misterhorror, you put it very well.

Wich2

Thanks, Mike.

Prayers from here,
-Craig W.

Gasport

Hey Craig,
                I spoke w/Zach today, after my first posting. Being back in his own environment has totally recharged him. He sounded just like his old self...you'd think nothing had happened. He has a visiting therapist and terrific neighbors who keep an eye on him. Rich Scrivani made sure his fridge was well stocked upon his arrival home on Friday, or as Zach calls it ,the "Grand Opening"! He sounded optimistic and alive today...talk about an iron constitution! He's been laid up for almost TWO MONTHS and shakes it all off like he just had a bad day.  Well into the new millennium he continues to inspire.
                                                     Mike

mike c

That is such great news, thanks for filling us in Mike! Zach is a god, haha! What a will to get on with life! Go get 'em!

Mike C.

fmofmpls

Hey Mike. Does Zach have internet access? I know this sounds like a selfish request, but this army would love to have him enlisted here! That's assuming he does the "internet thing".
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Penny Dreadful

I'm very glad to hear Zach is feeling better! 

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Horror hostess
http://www.shillingshockers.com

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
Dark Shadows podcast
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com

Gasport

Terry,
          No, Zach sadly is not computer savvy. Not that we haven't tried... He, like many people his age is a bit intimidated by the whole internet thing, which is a shame because he's very interested in it and asks questions about it. He beats himself up from time to time about not answering all his fan mail the way he'd like to and we ALWAYS preach the benefits of email and how easy it would be for him shoot out short hellos to people, but he thinks it's beyond him. Keeping in mind the man has a whole elaborate TAPE/ DVD burning system hooked up to his TV and is actually talking about re-editing his Archives DVD himself for a future release! Too bad, because i know he'd enjoy it if someone walked him thru the early stages.
                                                                                                                  Mike

claudin

Glad you're feeling better, Zach!
You totally rock!  ;D

Best Wishes to the Coolest Ghoul of them all!
JoAnna
JoAnna
"Even the moon's afraid of me!"

Tom Smith Monsternut

What about Z TV ? I would love to see that !
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

misterhorror

So glad to hear that Zach is feeling like his old self.Please give him all our UMA best wishes.
misterhorror

Gasport

Spoke with Zach again the other day and he continues to sound healthier with every call. He has a visiting therapist and nurse's aid that he's very happy with. He said some of the exercises are kind of uncomfortable, but that is to be expected. I'm sure being back in his element, and calling his own shots has a lot to do with his feeling stronger, too.  I know he's looking forward to Chiller this May and anyone out there who can attend should really consider doing so, if just to show him how much he means to the whole Monsterkid Kulture. Famous Monsters and Shock Theater go hand in hand in the evolution of the whole monster boom. Long live Forry and Zach!
                                                                                                                              MG

mike c

Exactly, Mike... I'd think it's pretty damned safe to say that without Forry and FM, and Zach and Shock Theatre, there'd be precious little Monsterkid-dom on the planet. At least not the way we know (and love) it.
Keep us posted, and thanks so much for these inspiring updates.

Mike C.