All Hail The Grill!!!

Started by BlackLagoon, March 25, 2010, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLagoon

Having to move back home has it's good points as well.

The #1 is the Weber on the back patio..tis the season for "grillin' & chillin!!" We had a few nice days so far and that puppy has been working OT!...Burgers, Steak...Swordfish Steak and last night some BBQ Chicken...

Though I absolutely love the Fall season with Halloween and football...right into the fun that is the Holiday season...man it is nice to grill a kings meal in a pair of basketball shorts under some blue sky!

Any other "grill masters" here??
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

BaronLatos35

BlackLagoon! Grillin with some beers is summertime. Last week I grilled some jerk chicken (my wife marinated overnight). Ribs are my favorite to grill.

I'm not a master, but I love working the grill!
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

hammerfan

yup got an Aussie stainless job.  and a Little Green Egg smoker too.  Ribs and brisket. Boo yah!
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

charp13

We are total amateurs when it comes to grilling :(   Hotdogs and hamburgers only. But 2010 is gonna be the year we branch out and actually cook something "edible"!   I'm gonna start  looking up grilling tips on the web and by July 4th, I hope to have something that resembles chicken or steak on a paper plate!

Scatter

Oddly enough, I'm putting in a patio on the side of my house right off the pool where I can get my grill on.I've spent the last 2 days tearing up the grass and preparing the ground for the patio.

I have to get it done before June 30th, which is my daughter Justine's 16th birthday. No one expected her to live to be 16, so we're going to throw a Sweet 16 Bash to end all Sweet 16 Bashes!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

BlackLagoon

Quote from: Scatter on March 25, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
Oddly enough, I'm putting in a patio on the side of my house right off the pool where I can get my grill on.I've spent the last 2 days tearing up the grass and preparing the ground for the patio.

I have to get it done before June 30th, which is my daughter Justine's 16th birthday. No one expected her to live to be 16, so we're going to throw a Sweet 16 Bash to end all Sweet 16 Bashes!!

Bash? Grill? Pool?....if you need a metal band to swing by, lol dont hesitate to ask! :)

Actually Scatter, that is awesome news and a great reason to celebrate with your daughter. Hope you get it done in time!!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Unknown Primate

BlackLagoon, you have me drooling!  Unfortunately, I don't own a grill, so the numerous parks here in Lafayette, get invaded all summer long by my salivating ape-self. 

And Scatter, may your righteous mission be as smooth sailing as possible!  I'm there in spirit!

The Golden GRILL- la  :D
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

BaronLatos35

That will be a great Birthday party for your daughter Scatter! Very cool.

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Scatter

The problem is, I put in a concrete and stone walkway right down the middle of where the patio has to go. It's gonna be a BEAR cutting it out, and God knows where I'll haul away all that concrete.

Moonshadow

Scatter: be careful you don't hurt your back! That kind of work is so hard...good luck to you, and glad your baby girl is around to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

We live in Phoenix now, and grill all year round. At least three times a week. Last thing we grilled was some tasty salmon the other night!

Scatter

Quote from: Moonshadow on March 26, 2010, 03:05:54 AM
Scatter: be careful you don't hurt your back! That kind of work is so hard...good luck to you, and glad your baby girl is around to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

We live in Phoenix now, and grill all year round. At least three times a week. Last thing we grilled was some tasty salmon the other night!

I can use the sore back ploy to rack up sympathy points with Nancy to be redeemed at my leisure! I'm a horrible griller though..........just dogs and burgers and chix. See, I really don't BELONG in Florida.

BlackLagoon

I actually like to cook..I come from a family of pretty good cooks.

I love hot sauce too...tell ya something really easy that I liked. I filled a small tupperware thing with Frank's Red Hot and just threw some beef patties in there...actually I rolled a few hot dogs in there too, let em sit, grilled em up..tasted pretty good.

Next up...heading to the seafood store for clams...only thing I love more than I raw clam and beer is a grilled clam and a beer!

Sean

LOVE the grill.  I marinade some veggied and do kabobs with chicken and beef and scallops or I do a london broil on the BBQ.  I BBQ March to November.

BlackLagoon

Skies got grey and a bit wet, but I managed to beat it!

Tonights grilled meal?

Chopped up scalions, 1 red pepper and shredded a zuccini, mixed up the veggies and put it into fresh ground turkey and made MEGA burgers!

I also grilled fresh corn. I pulled the husk down and basted the corn down with olive oil, salt and pepper, then put the husk back up and tied it at the top with a husk strand to keep it from curling while grilling.

Burgers were served on whole wheat buns, a huge slice of fresh tomato and an ice cold Tab.

It's almost like I'm not going to the dr tomorrow for stomach issues  ;D

Awesome dinner!