Scariest werewolf of all time!

Started by SirJon, February 11, 2010, 08:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike c

Quote from: tv horror on February 17, 2010, 12:46:22 AM
I'm going with Eddie Quist from the Howling played by the marvelous Robert Picardo. I met Robert once here in Belfast and he was so far from removed from that part it was unbelievable. The only unfortunate thing was he did not have a photo of Eddie for him to sign, I got him to sign the dvd cover instead. He also told me that it was one of his favourite parts and that he enjoyed playing the character.

Very cool!
A good friend of mine who is a professional theatrical stage manager type went to school with Bob Picardo, and through him I got a chance to meet Picardo very briefly many years ago. He told me the same thing about how much fun he had with the role, that it was so thrilling to really have a miserable, twisted, psycho monster character to (literally!) dig into and make his own!
We also discussed his role as the theatre manager in Matinee, and he loved the paranoiac persona he had to portray.
A very talented, prolific character actor that Rob Picardo fella... and seemingly a rather nice man to boot.

BlackLagoon

I admit as a kid seeing the thriller video scared the hell out of me. I couldn't push the Atari button fast enough to block out the screen lol.

Now, it may be a bit early in the game for this but if you said scariest as in which Wolfman would you least want to be running from? The new guy takes it. The Del Toro Wolfman made me remember just how  much of a ferocious beast he is. You basically have no chance of running, he had ridiculous strength, no point in reasoning with him...a complete mad dog.

That can be said for all the others as well, but theres something telling me a .38 with some silver ammo against our new boy--just doesn't even the odds enough for me!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

SirJon

Yea - the new wolf man is with out a doubt the scariest werewolf/man to come along the last 15/20 yrs or so. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I just see the Jacko werewolf "cat beast" scarier though for some reason. I think the initial beginning of the transformation put in my head that hes turning into more than a werewolf. The first glimpse with yellow eyes and teeth make him look like a demon from hell and to think hes behind the hair still freaks me out. Plus the chase sequence is scary to me also. If del toro was "chasing" you it wouldn't be much of a chase. He see's you - your dead. But the Jacko beast could be on your coat tails chasing you for sometime if you had a head start and the thought of him chasing me through the woods is still scary as hell.

Good job MONSTERBAKER! Im scar-ed for life!

Also - i saw above some one recommended silver bullet - i watched it yesterday on YOUTUBE and i didn't really like it. Weak transformation IMO. Anybody know who did the makeup?
"In the mean time, will you have a drink or would you like to play darts?!"

tv horror

I know that the actual werewolf suit was made by Carlo Rambaldi and the make-up Supervisor was Michael McCracken.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

slayergriffith

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Sean

Henry Hull was a creature that you might mistake for human at a distance in the dark, but you'd be dead wrong.  There's a level of creepiness to that.

Sean

I always thought the werewolf in Bad Moon would be a great Halloween costume.

More 'cool' than terrifying, to me, though.

Type3Toys

Quote from: Sean on February 18, 2010, 01:55:58 PM
I always thought the werewolf in Bad Moon would be a great Halloween costume.

More 'cool' than terrifying, to me, though.

I love that werewolf as well. I also love the movie.

Mike Scott

Quote from: SirJon on February 11, 2010, 09:32:48 PM
Im only 25 so obviously not around when it came out, but can any UMA members comment on the BUZZ that werewolf caused in its day?

IWATW was a big hit for AIP. I think it took in a couple million, which was "A" picture money.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sean

What could be more terrifying than a werewolf doing recreational drugs to excess?

Sean

Sean

Sean