Forrest J Ackerman

Started by MoeTown, February 09, 2008, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Quote from: packy120353 on February 10, 2008, 11:41:30 PM
Hi Joe (and unca 4E)
We met briefly at the 2006 Monster Bash, and Uncle 4E was so kind enough to sign a book for me and explain the story of the "J" in FJA. Like to most of us Forrest J Ackerman has been a legend. But especially an influence to me in his courage to crack puns that would double over King Kong!  Please convey my most sincere thanks and wormy wishes to you both, and thank you Joe for the update.

paul (packy120353)

So what's the story behind the "J"?

Mike

HARRY HAMMOCK

Thanks for the update Joe.Very glad he's shufflin right along.It was my honor to film Forry and Robert and Max singin the oldies at Monster Bash 06.Still got the card and need to put it on dvd.

Gary D Macabre

Glad to Here you and 4E are planning a trip to the bas.  I hope to make the trip myself this year.  Buy dinner for Forrest J Ackerman is one of the items on my do to in life list.  And getting together with friends Max and Robert in person along with the rest of the UMA crew, Terry, Ray, Richard, etc. is a huge bonus.

Gary
Gary D. Macabre
Phantom of the UMA lounge

Gary D Macabre

BTW Moe I love the trailer.  And the way he kind of hops off after the couple while carrying a severed head!!!! So glad you decided not to keep the Killer's appearance hidden until the movie's release.  It's such a great design, it alone will get people wanting to see it.

Gary
Gary D. Macabre
Phantom of the UMA lounge

fmofmpls

Welcome Joe and Uncle Forry to the UMA! Wow! I can't believe I just typed those words! Uncle Forry in the UMA? How can I possibly claim the title of General when Uncle Forry is among us? I will gladly hand over my rank to Uncle Forry. There is no doubt about it, without Uncle Forry, there'd be no UMA! We are honored! Salute to the new General! And thank you Joe Moe for all that you do for our favorite Uncle!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Tom Smith Monsternut

General ???? Forry should be the President of the UMA world ! Just like he was was in Amazon women of the moon ! ;D
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

mike c

Is God-Emperor going over the top? :-)

Mike C.

fmofmpls

Here we go! One straight out of the UMA archives! Joe Moe and Uncle Forry at Monster Bash 2005! Note the 2005 UMA button on Uncle Forry's lapel! Whoo-hoo!

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

MoeTown

Oooh! There I am...

Remember, the camera adds 75 pounds (and a goofy haircut and a hangover...OK, that last one's all me)

And Forry is absolutely luminescent! That day he was dressed as a pomagranite! ;D

Tom Smith Monsternut

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

typhooforme

Here are a couple Forry fotos I took in 2004.  Forry is making a scary face for me, posing between a couple foam-filled heads I got from his Ackermansion sale a few years previous to this.  I carted them along to the Bash in 2004 to decorate Forry's table in the VIP Room.

Forry squaring things up in 2004...

And from that same Bash, Forry just looking handsome as all get-out!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

mike c

Excellent pics! Hey, what is that he's looking through in the middle pic? It looks like a sci-fi prop I've seen somewhere... or am I just being nuts?

Mike C.

Tom Smith Monsternut

It's him recreating his cameo scene in Creation of the Humanoids ..Right ?
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

The Phantom Creep

LONG LIVE GOOD OLE' UNCLE FORRY !!!!!!

Joe, I'm so happy to hear that 4-E knows we're out here keeping this stuff going strong. And I'm sure I speak for everyone when I thank you for taking care of him and helping to keep him in touch with everyone.

Hey Joe, what's Forry's address if I wanted to send him something?
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

typhooforme

Quote from: Tom Smith Monsternut on February 12, 2008, 04:35:19 PM
It's him recreating his cameo scene in Creation of the Humanoids ..Right ?

In 2004, I gave Forry one of those metal square-into-circle things (magic shop fare) like those he'd used in CREATION OF THE HUMANOIDS--you're right as rain, Tom!  As soon as I handed it to him, he started "doing" it, and I took several shots, showing him manipulating the thingy in all its shapes.  He is a hoot.  That was the year my old camera was dying, and the pics are not good, but I wanted to post some of the 1000 Faces of Uncle Forry.  He is a great face maker! 

Gosh, that reminds me of Peter Lorre.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell