Dr Smith's "Lost In Space" Vocabulary Expanding Insult Gallery........

Started by Scatter, January 19, 2010, 06:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Most Horrible

Dr. Smith: "Never fear, Smith is here!"

Don West: "That's what I'm afraid of."

"Do you like gin? It is my only weakness..."- Dr. Pretorius

depressedlarrytalbot

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

LundyAfterMidnight

Quote from: BlackLagoon on April 05, 2010, 02:48:24 AM

Though I'm not so sure about their parenting. Will Robinson was like 12 and they left him alone with a hulking robot and a creepy old man...on a bunch of uncharted planets no less! Shame on them! lol
I've questioned this also! Will would've fared just as well in a Klingon foster home.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

depressedlarrytalbot

QuoteLOL!! Only you mate.........only you.

And that, Scatter, is a lovely cue for a song.  :D  But as my pipes aren't up to it, I will merely confess that I owe it to MAD magazine, which brought me up to speed on much of the US until the internet took over. My favourite article was "Some Really Dangerous Jobs For George Plimpton". The Agnew instalment had some lovely phrases. When he slices and hits Plimpton in the head with the ball, Spiro says, "So I sluggishly sliced the silicone sphere and nicked you in your neo-intellectual noggin". Lovely stuff, I have never forgotten it, and it would give Zach-boy a real run for his money.

And having said that .... I hope I have not misquoted in the end. So... much ... alliteration ...

ChattyLMS

QuoteThough I'm not so sure about their parenting. Will Robinson was like 12 and they left him alone with a hulking robot and a creepy old man...on a bunch of uncharted planets no less! Shame on them! lol

And how about any number of guns and explosives and the radioactive inner core?

Also said by Dr Smith in the first Verda (IDAK, Crush Kill Destroy) episode <correct me if I'm wrong on that one>:

"In fourteen hundred and ninety three Columbus sailed the deep blue sea."
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

CreepysFan

Quote from: ChattyLMS on April 09, 2010, 12:22:38 AM

Also said by Dr Smith in the first Verda (IDAK, Crush Kill Destroy) episode <correct me if I'm wrong on that one>:

Okay, your wrong. Verda first appeared in an episode where Dr.Smith purchaced her from an Android machine. The episode with IDAK was her second appearance.  Yes I am a L.I.S. nerd, even acting it out after school. 
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

ChattyLMS

Ah yes, thank you Uncle Creepy!  I think the Intergalactic Department Store was looking for her because she wasn't paid for.  I think.  I love Lost in Space and I'm a thorough LIS nerd, too.  I even spawned one of us!  And he fully admits to being a nerd.

He he he!  When my kids were little and we were eating dinner, when somebody would say "Please pass the whatever", I'd hum the 3rd season LIS theme song while I was passing the whatever over.

We played LIS, too.  I always got to be Judy.  Unfortunately, my hair wasn't long and I wasn't blond either.  Who did you get to be?

Scatter

Quote from: CreepysFan on April 09, 2010, 05:32:21 AM
Okay, your wrong. Verda first appeared in an episode where Dr.Smith purchaced her from an Android machine. The episode with IDAK was her second appearance.  Yes I am a L.I.S. nerd, even acting it out after school. 

This is helpful.........I'm compiling a rather lengthy list of the types of nerd Creepy is.

Scatter

Quote from: ChattyLMS on April 09, 2010, 02:36:27 PM

We played LIS, too.  I always got to be Judy.  Unfortunately, my hair wasn't long and I wasn't blond either.  Who did you get to be?

HEY!! I got to be Judy too!!

ChattyLMS

QuoteHEY!! I got to be Judy too!!

SO!  You are the one with the long blond hair and blue eyes!  Didja kiss Don, too?

Sean

Quote from: BlackLagoon on April 05, 2010, 02:48:24 AM
Smith is faaaaaaantastic!

Though I'm not so sure about their parenting. Will Robinson was like 12 and they left him alone with a hulking robot and a creepy old man...on a bunch of uncharted planets no less! Shame on them! lol
>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes.  Leave the boy with a crooked old man of dubious sexual orientation.  Alone.  On a foreign planet.  I'm suprised the Robinsons didn't oil up Will and wrap him in cellophane for the old man.

Sean

Quote from: ChattyLMS on April 09, 2010, 12:22:38 AM
And how about any number of guns and explosives and the radioactive inner core?

"In fourteen hundred and ninety three Columbus sailed the deep blue sea."

How 'bout I just correct Dr. Smith?  Wasn't it 1492 that Columbus accidentally ran aground in the US?

ChattyLMS

Hi Sean, I think old B9 corrected him in the same episode.