TAB Drinkers & other retro foods!!

Started by BlackLagoon, November 06, 2009, 11:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmofmpls

This thread is in violation of nutritional guidelines and overall wellness. Please do NOT click "report to moderator."  ;D
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Elisabeth

I'm an East Coast gal, who lived in North Plainfield...right off Route 22.  There was the most wonderful "hangout" called Opdyke's that served "The Tiffany's of Onion Rings".  It was true as far as it went, but it didn't go far enough.  Those rings were Tiffany's, Harry Winston, Fred Leighton AND the Smithsonian.  Crispy, light, non-greasy and so huge you could wear them on your wrist!  I remember that they served with a garlicky Miracle whip condiment stinking with Tabasco...  You could drive all the way to Cape May on one serving of that dip.    Lethal, but what a WONDERFUL death!

Elisabeth
"....I do hope he won't upset Henry..."

Scatter

Quote from: mike c on November 07, 2009, 01:59:57 AM
Oh the memories... I can still taste TAB and Fresca; these were my mom's sodas when I was a kid.

Can't say I ever really liked them, but I sure as heck remember them vividly.

You and General Terry can have any that come my way!

TAB is simply horrible.............however, FESCA ROCKS!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

LundyAfterMidnight

Do they still make Kickapoo Joy Juice?
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Moonshadow

Quote from: Bogey on November 07, 2009, 04:47:54 PM
I pounded two Limes last night!  Booyah!

Sir, I salute you.

Scatter

Quote from: fmofmpls on November 07, 2009, 10:17:44 PM
I've always loved McDonald's fish fillet sandwich. It's pure seafood bliss.

now YOU'Re TALKIN' General!! What stinks though is tha they cost as much as a Big Mac and they're 1/2 the size. They used to be a CHEAP teat.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

fmofmpls

Quote from: Scatter on November 07, 2009, 10:48:36 PM
now YOU'Re TALKIN' General!! What stinks though is tha they cost as much as a Big Mac and they're 1/2 the size. They used to be a CHEAP teat.

Agreed. They are too small. When I'm really hungry, I'll go the surf & turf route - filet-o-fish with a cheeseburger to boot.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Scary Terry

I remember the Pop Shoppe.  These days I'm all about the Mexican (real sugar) Coca Cola.  I was a big Nesbitt's soda fan as a kid -- the orange and the (blue!) creme soda were my faves.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Scary Terry

You want to try some different soda pops?  CHeck out this store.
Obsessives: Soda Pop - CHOW.com

Scary Terry

Scary Terry

Scary Terry

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

Anybody remember Monster Chomps? Monster Chomps were various kinds of cookies that already had a bite taken out of them (presumably by a monster). It's hard find out anything about them. They may have only been a local/regional product, but I remember having them about the same time Pop Shoppe was in business.

The Creeper

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on November 08, 2009, 12:38:56 AM
Anybody remember Monster Chomps? Monster Chomps were various kinds of cookies that already had a bite taken out of them (presumably by a monster). It's hard find out anything about them. They may have only been a local/regional product, but I remember having them about the same time Pop Shoppe was in business.
I remember those!  I totally forgot about them!  And I also remember monster cookies in shapes of Dracula, Mummy, Frankenstein, Wolfman, and a Witch I believe.  Does anyone remember those too?
Long live the UMA!

Gasport

Anybody remember ''Shake-A- Puddin'' from the mid-60's? I succumbed to the commercials at the time and made my mom buy some. Will never forget it...it was a powder mix you mixed w/ water and shook in a plastic container that came with the mix. It was supposed to immediately turn into vanilla pudding.  I took one spoonful and vomited.

BlackLagoon

Quote from: fmofmpls on November 07, 2009, 10:26:24 PM
Um .. yeah, I might be doing that very same thing tonight right after the KISS concert.

KISS, monsters, White Castle and too many beers...that may not be the best order...but good Lord are we all a bunch of Rock loving, monster crazed, junk food inhaling, beer drinking kindred spirits!!...Amen to all of it!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

BlackLagoon

Quote from: Scary Terry on November 07, 2009, 11:39:01 PM
You want to try some different soda pops?  CHeck out this store.
Obsessives: Soda Pop - CHOW.com

That really had my attention!..Where is the place itself? Did I miss anything??.....anyway very cool.

Oh Terry..sorry to be offic topic but what is the art in your avatar, something from Dungeons&Dragons? Its pretty awesome.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"