Kooky Spookys

Started by poseablemonster, January 17, 2008, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barlow

Well if anyone comes across some and wants to sell them at a sane price, I'm first in line!  :)

I just can't afford those $300+ ebay prices.  :-\

NekroDave

Any one here get the set that ended tonight? Mama Kaskit, Teena Terror, and Baby Spook'em all loose, but with the accessories, for $381. A far cry from $5. I gotta admit, seeing it makes me think I should just flip the one I've got coming. I wonder if a Japanese boxed one would fetch more or less money than a US one?

Barlow

Man, I wish I could have grabbed those off ebay! Not a bad price at all! Does anyone have a picture of the Japanese boxed ones? I've never seen one.

NekroDave

I finally had my boxed shipped from Japan so I should be able to post up a pic in the next week.

Bogey

Quote from: NekroDave on December 10, 2009, 06:50:12 AM
I finally had my boxed shipped from Japan so I should be able to post up a pic in the next week.

Coolness!

NekroDave

Quote from: Bogey on December 11, 2009, 04:34:48 AM
Coolness!

Don't get too excited. Although it's neat as a variation, the US box is much cooler from an aesthetic standpoint.

Bogey

Quote from: NekroDave on December 11, 2009, 06:41:46 AM
Don't get too excited. Although it's neat as a variation, the US box is much cooler from an aesthetic standpoint.

Cannot help it! ;D  Come again on how many bones it set you back.

NekroDave

Quote from: Bogey on December 11, 2009, 12:45:55 PM
Come again on how many bones it set you back.

I paid about $10 for it.

LundyAfterMidnight

I still have the Baby ghost, minus the sign from back-in-the-day.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

NekroDave

Sorry for the hold up, box wasn't shipped until Sunday. Anyway, here's some pics of the Japanese boxed Daddy Booregard.

The back of the box shows the entire line and although my Japanese in limited at best, it appears the characters have been renamed as "Spooky Mama", "Spooky Sister", "Spooky Grandmother (I assume so anyway, can't read the hirogana off hand), "Spooky Brother", "Spooky Papa" and "Spooky Baby".

And did you guys see the house on Ebay the other night? I was gonna try for it, but my bid was too low to register. I would have like to have gotten it, but at the end of the day, I'm just not a big enough fan to throw down hard. For me, the money would be better spent elsewhere. Still, if it's as rare as your site indicates, I think the final price of $341 dollars was more than reasonable!

Sleepyhollowstudios

Wonderful, mint Daddy Booregard. Congratulations on your purchase.

But I must admit, I'll never understand the Japanese aesthetic.

In my opinion, the box just looks silly, and aside from the brick motif on the sides, I don't understand the logic of this packaging for a ghost toy.

Then again, I'm neither Japanese, nor have I ever visited Japan, so there's no wonder why I don't understand it.

Anyway, congratulations, NekroDave! Boxed toys are my fave!

-Andy
Bugs Bunny is my dream. Wile E. Coyote is my reality.

hhwolfman

I think this went for a fair price. Correct me if I am wrong. There are only 2 known of these and this is the third. If this is true, This was a steal. HHW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350289998700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Barlow

Actually, it's the 4th one (that I know of). I've been tracking Kooky Spooky ebay prices since early 2005.

The first time I saw the mail-in Haunted House was Apr. 13th of 2006 when it went for $127. It was in really nice shape, maybe VFN judging by the pic, but missing some of the attachments. It came with the original mailer envelope and the mailer was in ok shape.

Another sold on Aug. 27th of 2006 and was VFN+ but also missing a few of the window platforms. That one went for $310 with the envelope in really good shape.

And finally, on Dec. 9th of 2006 one sold for $157 but the envelope had brown water damage and the house itself had some wrinkling to it, though it was hard to tell from the pic if it had actual water damage.

Did anyone save the pics from this latest auction? It ended and the pics got taken down before I got to save them for reference.

I'd have to compare the pics to the others and see how complete it was, but I'd say that's a price I'd be willing to pay ($341) if I had the cash. I'm guessing that a mint copy of the complete haunted house would clear $500. I'd personally (again, assuming I had funds at the time) be willing to go to $750 or more.

NekroDave

Excellent information to have, Barlow. Thanks for doing that research!

And in looking back at this thread, lots of people said these guys glowed bright, but don't you think someone ought to show it?

Barlow

Mine don't glow quite that bright (as you pictured), and by the time I turn the lights off, it fades enough that my crappy camera can't get a good shot. But for at least a few minutes, you can literally see it two city blocks away at night. Easily.  >:D