Monster Comics

Started by JMichaelRoddy, July 11, 2009, 12:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

The Fly 4 from the eighties has a great cover incorporating at least a couple of elements very dear to our hearts on this board:

The above cover features pencils by the legendary Steve Ditko and inks by Rudy Nebres.

cl:)

Collecting! It's what I do!

creaturefan95

Got this for 15 bucks:

horrorhunter

I bought this off the stands back in 1972.

It's a nice FN/VF (7.0) with that small crease at the top keeping it from being high grade, but I wouldn't trade it for a slabbed (9.4) because of the sentimental value. I finished my Marvel Monster runs back in the '90s- Werewolf By Night, Tomb Of Dracula, Monster Of Frankenstein, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, etc. Some are high grade, but most are in the FN-VF range. I prefer those grades because you aren't afraid to actually read them. In the last few years I've collected most of the DC, and many of the Charlton, Monster Comics from the late '60s-early '80s. Hard to beat that Bronze Age Horror. My favorite DCs are House Of Mystery, House Of Secrets, The Witching Hour, and the Wrightson issues of Swamp Thing. I bought nice copies of Swamp Thing #s 1 & 2 from Bob Overstreet back in the mid '70s. Turned out Overstreet lived in my home town and my parents knew him indirectly. Monster comics and mags have been my collecting focus for the last few years. I've grown weary of superhero drama and constant re-imaginings.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jimm

horrorhunter

Quote from: jimm on April 16, 2016, 06:16:45 PM
Nice copy HH
Thanks, jimm.

Love that Ploog... almost as much as Wrightson (which is about as high praise from me as it gets).   cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

geezer butler

Here are some of my horror themed DC graphic novels:

2016-04-16_04-47-36 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2016-04-16_04-47-15 by geezer2014, on Flickr

geezer butler

Ok, last one. I know I'm binge posting, but have to seize the moment kind of thing.

2016-04-16_04-46-46 by geezer2014, on Flickr

creaturefan95

Got these three yesterday for five bucks each:

Got this one yesterday for ten bucks:

Hepcat

Here are scans of five more of my Demon comics:

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!