Monster Comics

Started by JMichaelRoddy, July 11, 2009, 12:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creaturefan95

marsattacks666

That giant size King Kong comic book is awesome. As a kid, I once had
that book.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Wich2

That's not the "giant-est" one - this is:

"Treasury" Size. Best format ever in comics, killed by whiny collectors,"Wah! They don't fit our bags & boxes!"

creaturefan95

Quote from: Wich2 on March 08, 2016, 12:15:40 AM
That's not the "giant-est" one - this is:

"Treasury" Size. Best format ever in comics, killed by whiny collectors,"Wah! They don't fit our bags & boxes!"

That's just an oversized reprint  :P

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Wich2

QuoteThat's just an oversized reprint  :P

Yes - and?

It's a beauty, and it's the biggest!

creaturefan95

Quote from: Wich2 on March 08, 2016, 04:24:22 PM
Yes - and?

It's a beauty, and it's the biggest!

There's nothing wrong with that and I forgot to mention that I got the original for a buck  :angel:

Universal Steve

My son just got me a Gold Key original version. It was is very good condition. A great find!
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

creaturefan95

Got this for free:

Got this for 10 bucks:

Got this for a buck:

creaturefan95

Got this for a buck:

Got this for 5 bucks:

neonnoodle

Oh wow...I LOOOOOVE all those DC horror comics from the 1970's...can never get enough of those.  I love Witching Hour, House of Secrets, Ghosts, the list goes on...great comics.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

creaturefan95

These four pages as well as the story itself are why you should own Burke's Law #3:

marsattacks666

John Pertwee

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 08, 2015, 10:10:55 PM
Marvel was reprinting a LOT of their pre-hero monster stories back in the early-mid '70s. I remember buying all of those I could get my hands on dirt cheap in used book stores, flea markets, and quarter boxes at conventions back when I first started collecting in the '70s. In later years I upgraded most of them and I'm glad I did it when they were affordable. They were treated like trash back then, but now they're like Bronze Age gold.

I am lucky that I got my Tomb of Dracula and Monster of Frankenstein sets back in the early 90s. The comic shop I went to back then had #1 and #10 in VF condition or better and I got them for $5 and $4. the rest of the set was $1 to $1.25 each. A few decades later I upgraded my #2 Frank for $20 when I probably only spent $25 for the complete set in the early 90s.
I was at a show last weekend where my friend was attempting to complete his Tomb of Dracula set. The dealer said "Hey, I have much more at home" and went to get them. We told him that we had to run out to the car to check the numbers he had already purchased against his list. By the time we got back, another guy was buying a nice copy of #1 for $20 and #2 for $10. Bummer, since I would have grabbed both if my friend didn't need them. I am going to meet Marv Wolfman in June here in Kansas, and probably would have grabbed a nice copy of his first work on the book for him to sign.