Big Frankie fans Rejoice!!!

Started by Dr.Terror, January 05, 2008, 09:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Jscareshock

The Diamond Comics eptember Previews catalog has the Big Franky and monster scene kits from Moebius listed.  They are taking orders now for delivery in Novemebr or early December.  I do not know when Diamond will get them from Moebius.

CultTVman

I'm expecting these in stock at the very end of Oct. or early November.   

Steve

Monsters For Sale

The regular issue Big Frankie is beginning to show up on eBay as an in stock item - not just for pre-order.

Does anyone have an update on the Glow-In-The-Dark version's availability?

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

I just got an e-mail from Angela at Moebius.

She says they expect to get the Glow Frankies late this week/early next week!!!

ADAM

Josh

So I know I'm late to the party, but what does a guy like me need to do to possibly get a glow frankie

Monsters For Sale

Just send an e-mail to Frank or Angela at:

customerservice(*at*)moebiusmodels.com

and tell them you want to be put on the list for the Glow-In-the-Dark Big Frankenstein model.  They will e-mail back with payment details as soon as they are ready to start shipping.

Frank tells me they are set up to accept payment by PayPal.

ADAM

GAKENSTEIN

Rec'd an e-mail from Ron at Creepy Classics that my Big Frankie is ready to ship!!  Just sent him payment via PayPal, so the big plastic lug should be arriving soon!!

I already have an original built-up, so I don't know what to do with this new guy.  Lawn ornament?  Foot stool?  I know!  I'll hinge his noggin and turn him into a cookie jar!  Mmmm... Pecan Sandies...good!
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

Josh

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 11, 2008, 04:04:41 PM
Just send an e-mail to Frank or Angela at:

customerservice(*at*)moebiusmodels.com

and tell them you want to be put on the list for the Glow-In-the-Dark Big Frankenstein model.  They will e-mail back with payment details as soon as they are ready to start shipping.

Frank tells me they are set up to accept payment by PayPal.

Thannks man, I'll shot them an email today. 

GAKENSTEIN

Rec'd Big Frankie from Creepy Classics on Friday!! What a big ol' box of shrinkwrapped Monster Kid goodness!!  Now I want the GLOW version! 
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

Universal Steve

Just got my Big Frankie yesterday from Amok Time. Haven't had time to even open the package yet but it should be a real treat. I never had one as a kid. It was that very expensive price tag of $4.95 that stopped me. I don't think I have a chance to get the glow version but I am setting my sights on getting the Monster Scenes model back. I used to have them all. I noticwed they did not release all of the kits. Vampirella especially is missing and also the lab equiptment that had the sabre toothed rabbit. Good Aurora memories.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Jscareshock

Quote from: Universal Steve on November 16, 2008, 12:38:38 AM
Just got my Big Frankie yesterday from Amok Time. Haven't had time to even open the package yet but it should be a real treat. I never had one as a kid. It was that very expensive price tag of $4.95 that stopped me. I don't think I have a chance to get the glow version but I am setting my sights on getting the Monster Scenes model back. I used to have them all. I noticwed they did not release all of the kits. Vampirella especially is missing and also the lab equiptment that had the sabre toothed rabbit. Good Aurora memories.

Vampirella may be a licensing issue.  I am sure Moebius wants her but with Warren having the rights to the old stuff and harris to the new there might be some hassles that have to be overcome before she can be released.  Dark Horse may be having a similar issue with their re-releasing of the Warren titles in collected format.

Jim Bertges

Vampirella is tied up with licensing problems, but the other Gruesome Goodies and Dungeon Devices are still in line to be reissued. Keep your eyes open for them and grab them when you can.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: GAKENSTEIN on November 11, 2008, 10:14:56 PM
I already have an original built-up, so I don't know what to do with this new guy.... 

Let us know how the original and the re-issue compare. 

1.  Do they look identical? 
2.  Are the parts interchangeable?
3.  Any obvious differences to thwart scammers?
ADAM

Monster Bob

The plastic is a different color.

As a friend pointed out the other day-and he's right- it will be interesting see if there is a sudden influx of "original built-up" Big Frankies on the market... all complete, not missing the usual missing stuff.  

All of a sudden that will be an issue with all 'original' Frankie built-ups offered for sale.  :P