1993 Famous Monsters of Filmland con ..Who was there ?

Started by Tom Smith Monsternut, January 04, 2008, 01:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: ZOMBOPHOTO on January 08, 2008, 06:23:27 AM
Unfortunately I wasn't really taking photos of stuff back then  :'(

Ditto.  Spoke w/ Schreck tonight, he said he's got some photos from that that he just saw recently and will try to find 'em.  He's gonna be in Atlanta in a month for ACE,  and believe it or not, I'm looking at DRIVING over with a friend.  Nuts I know, but so am I...

Jack Davis will NOT be attending btw, as of 2008, he has retired from conventions I am told.  Damn.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

claudin

Yeah, I was there. I was about 21 at the time. I attended with my Dad, who got me into monsters at a very early age.
I have the photos from the con somewhere. I'll have to look around and see what I can dig up.
I recall very vividly having my photo taken with Prof. Griffin's brother, who was made up as a vampire. I loved the way he looked as the vampire and asked him to take a pic with me. 

That was truly a grand weekend. Talk about getting a major monster fix!  :)
JoAnna
"Even the moon's afraid of me!"

nvokes

Quote from: Tom Smith Monsternut on January 04, 2008, 01:05:23 AM
I was digging around and found some old pics from the con and figured I would post them..
See if you can spot some of our fellow UMA members ...

It was the greatest Con that I have ever attended
I'm sure many members of the  UMA were there too.

Yup-i was there,Tor ,my lad (almost didn't recognize ya in those photos,curly ;o)
- it was there that i 1st met in the decaying flesh good ol' Dick Klemensen (Little Shoppe of Horrors) ,Gary Dorst,Bob Sargent (Videooze) and best bud,Robert Tinnell (my partner on THE BLACK FOREST and THE WICKED WEST books) -i got autographs and pix of celebs Ray Bradbury,Angus Scrimm,Zacherle and a few others-here's a couple shots from my own archives...

and here's another cherished Famous Monsters Con memory-from 1975,in NYC: Mr. Peter Cushing!

Hammer was there to promote VAMPIRELLA -and we know what happened to THAT project...but meeting Mr Cushing in person -shaking his hand-was a major highlight for this monster kid-matched years later at the '99 Monster Rally when i shook Mr. Christopher Lee's hand,while getting his signature on his autobiog...aaah...the memories,laddie buck...;o)

Neil
http://vokesfolks.blogspot.com/
That's All,Vokes

nvokes

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on January 09, 2008, 09:07:33 AM
Ditto.  Spoke w/ Schreck tonight, he said he's got some photos from that that he just saw recently and will try to find 'em.  He's gonna be in Atlanta in a month for ACE...

Bob and i go way back-to the start of my career in comics,in the mid 80s-i think i got of him at the '93 show while he was at  Randy's booth-i'll check...;o)
That's All,Vokes

Tom Smith Monsternut

Welcome ..buddy , I'm glad you to see ya here !  ;D

O man we could have had a major UMA party at that con if we only knew each other.

Ask Bob Tinnell to check out this new site too ,the more the merrier :)

WOW ! the 75 con ! I'm so jealous !

Thanks for sharing those pics. Anyone else at the FM 75 Con ?

Tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"