Dick Briefer FRANKENSTEIN comic -- free download

Started by Scary Terry, January 29, 2008, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scary Terry

I recently discovered this nifty website called wowio.com.  It's full of free PDF downloads of books of all sorts -- including comic books.  One of the publishers that contributes items for download there is called "Shoulders of Giants," and they've got dozens of Golden Age comics listed -- and my favorite so far is an issue of Dick Briefer's FRANKENSTEIN.  If you've never seen any of Briefer's wonderfully weird Frankie comics, here's a chance to read an otherwise rather pricey Golden Age gem.  All the downloads on the site are FREE -- but there is a limit of three per day. 

To find the FRANKENSTEIN issue (#33) -- go to "Comics and Graphic Novels" in the "browse" window -- then "View By" publisher -- "Shoulders of Giants."  it's on page 10 of 16 pages worth of books they're offering.  There's also "Atomic War," "Forbidden Worlds," "Witchcraft," "The Beyond" 80 titles so far.

There are also plenty of new comics to explore -- I've just been too busy with the old stuff to do that yet.

Hey -- wowio has scads of '60s Gold Key "Star Trek" issues too (from Checker BPG)....and Alex Raymond's FLASH GORDON -- man, am I gonna be busy downloading....

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

typhooforme

Thanks, Terry!  It's a Cave of Ali Baba--I can see there are gonna be a lot of people lettin' the cows go without milkin' when they glom onto this!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell