Why cant I find a Forgotten Prisoner?!

Started by BlackLagoon, April 26, 2009, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monster Bob

Sadly, I remember when Aurora kits were under a dollar.

Count_Zirock

I think by the time I was really buying and building them with regularity, they were $1.98, and Testors paints were about 9 or 10 cents apiece.
I think, by the time I finally got a "Forgotten Prisoner," they may actually have been around $2.98, and the Testors paints around 13 cents.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

horror1o1

Quote from: zombywoof on July 16, 2012, 01:55:24 PM
i have this kit on preorder, looks like it will be released late this year.

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/The-Forgotten-Prisoner-of-Castel-Mare-from-MoebiusAurora--PREORDER-RESERVATION_p_2146.html

Really? not outrageous but higher than expected. Last time I bought something similar of a remake it was under a $20 dollar bill.
It's all about the Horror.

Horror Sanctum

Forgotten Prisoner was always my favorite kit when I was a kid. Still is actually.
I have 4 of the original Aurora built up kits off of (that damn auction site).
I also have 3 in the polar lights boxes.
Of course I had to have the Kevin Yeagher version and the HUGE solid resin one. So much easier to build than the originals. My big ol monkey fingers can't handle the original version anymore.
Sam McCain
HORROR SANCTUM STUDIOS
http://www.horrorsanctum.com

Mr. Horrorshow

Previews Magazine has him listed for October release Limited to 5,000 pieces and branded as Aurora and Famous Monsters on packaging. Oh! and a $34.99 price tag.

ghost1stclass

I heard the kit is going to be done again and  that copies will be sold soon, saw it on the monsters in motion web site

Anton Phibes

The prices on all this crap are outrageous. My dad bought the new Moebius Frankenstein and Bride kit, and with tax it was $50.00  3 3/4" Action figures at Wal-Mart are now 9-10 dollars each.  >:(

Money is losing its value everyday. I bought a loaf of bread for $1.79 the other day. It's about 3/4 the size it was about a year ago. Executive Replicas The Shadow figure got a release at last! It's $129.99 though. Comics are $3.99 most of the time. >:(

Minimum wage hasn't budged. Good jobs getting harder to find. Nobody much gets raises these days. Hopefully things will change for the better before gas goes up to $10 a gallon. :'( :-\

Negativity lapse. Sorry. ;) ;D

Gasport

Don't know about everything else, but don't expect food prices to drop anytime soon. The severe drought plaguing almost 60% of the country is having an effect on many items. My wife said she noticed the Jello pudding 6 packs selling for $2.79 have now been downgraded to 4 packs for the same price!

Toy Ranch

[admin]We normally don't mind when threads wander around in topic, but this is headed down a political type road, and that is not where we go at the UMA. Please, let's go back to monster toys.[/admin]

Mord

Toy Ranch

No worries Mord, and understand that things are tough right now on many, and frustrations can bubble over. This wasn't just directed at you.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled monster toy conversation.  ;D

monsterphile

[mod]Some posts were removed. Some danced close to the line and one absolutely crossed it. The UMA does have an instruction manual, please read it. Rob [/mod]

Mord

Quote from: Toy Ranch on August 13, 2012, 12:46:18 PM
            Now, back to your regularly scheduled monster toy conversation.
You crack me up, dude.

Count_Zirock

Let's also remember that Moebius and Monarch and other figure kit companies aren't making these in the quantities that Aurora and Revell and AMT/Ertl did. Walmart, Target, and other large retailers don't even stock race car or military kits anymore, let alone figure kits. Running only small batches, they have to charge more to make their costs back. Been to a hobby shop lately? Even the mass-produced kits are more expensive than ever. If it's made from petroleum, it won't be cheap, period.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mord

I agree, Count Z. You really can't get more bang for your buck than that Moebius Bride of Frankenstein set....90 pieces, two superb figures, clear lab equipment, bench, base etc. for 40 to 50 bucks. Check out what other Jeff Yagher pieces go for. This is a steal.