Ray, Connie and Kim kiss and make-up!!

Started by Josh, April 09, 2009, 12:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scheisseler

BTW, check out the front page of Filmland Classics for a good laugh. I believe Neal Adams actually still owns the copyright to this artwork, unlike the House of Secrets cover. This ought to be interesting.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Toy Ranch on April 09, 2009, 09:11:31 PM
If a bear sh*ts in the woods and nobody is there to smell it, does it still stink?

You'd have to ask the bear.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: Scheisseler on April 09, 2009, 10:18:21 PM
I've long believed that a significant number of his supporters have only been buying his FM because of the logo on the cover

Yeh, the rabid "give me anything, as long as it has the FM logo on it" collectors ain't gonna be stickin' around for "Shock".
CREATURE FAN

toysoldierman2001

It all still boils down to the same old thing,MONEY! Thats what the 3 of them are all about! You all no the old saying Money Talks and Bulls--t walks!

Monster Kid

Hi, Mike, I too want the fans to know the true history and I am busy writing a biography of Forry which is going to cover his life and works.   I will try to make sure people know the facts about the Dynacomm horror.   It will not occupy a lot of the book but the subject will be discussed.  I was present for a portion of the court case. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monster Kid on April 10, 2009, 03:59:23 PM
Hi, Mike, I too want the fans to know the true history and I am busy writing a biography of Forry which is going to cover his life and works.

He's certainly overdue for one! Keep us updated.
CREATURE FAN

hammett1

Quote from: Monster Kid on April 10, 2009, 03:59:23 PM
I too want the fans to know the true history and I am busy writing a biography of Forry which is going to cover his life and works.   I will try to make sure people know the facts about the Dynacomm horror. 

It is a pleasure to hear of someone doing a biography of Forry.  Long overdo and I wish you the best.  I'll be on the look out for publication updates.  Peace.
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

Monster Kid

Thank you so much!!  I knew Forry since 1983 and hope he would appreciate this book.  What a fascinating life. 

Josh

Mike Scott

Quote from: Josh on April 11, 2009, 03:13:38 AM
The jaw droppingly stupid "No 1 Ferry Fan" site

Yes, that's the one where Connie Bean insinuates that Forry is a child molester, a murderer (of his wife) and a blackmailer (may as well throw that one in, too) while offering no proof, of course.

But wait! That can't be the same Connie Bean everyone fawns over on some other sites, could it? Naw, it must be a different Connie Bean. What kind of person would let someone like that post on their site? Of course, it's not like she accused any of them of being/doing those reprehensible things. Just old Forry.
CREATURE FAN

CreepysFan

Connie Bean would make a great politician ... mud slinging without benefit of actual truth.  The really sad part is some people will accept her slander as fact because she said them, without even bothering to research anything.  This kind of malicious behavior is never very professional anytime, and definitely bad business ethics.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Monster Bob

"LIFE IS BUT A SCREAM!" TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!
FM Editor Ray Ferry's Beast-Selling Book Coming To The Big Screen!
     Hold onto your bats, FM fans. "Life Is But A Scream!  The Movie!" is coming!  The film will cover all the major events featured in editor Ray Ferry's book "Life Is But A Scream!" plus the incredible post-trial story that nearly destroyed Ferry's life and the fight that ultimately brought down a massive criminal empire in California.
     To coincide with the film, there will be a brand new, updated edition of Ferry's book which will include the post-trial events to be published later this year. 

So I guess The Movie will never be made?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monster Bob on April 11, 2009, 12:20:30 PM
"LIFE IS BUT A SCREAM!" TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!

I guess the title "Liar Liar" was already taken?
CREATURE FAN

preyer

'ENTIRE SITE AND ELEMENTS ©1990-2004 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED FILMLAND CLASSICS / Ray Ferry Ent.
FAMOUS MONSTERS and FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND (words and distinctive design) are registered trademarks of Ray Ferry.  Reproduction or use of the
FM name or logo in any manner, including but not limited to internet "tribute" sites without express prior written permission from the trademark owner strictly prohibited.'

heh, heh. ha ha! HA! can't hardly say *this* is true anymore, eh? yes, you certainly don't want any 'tribute' sites out there, because 'tribute' means a rip-off. actually, a 'tribute' site is likely to favour forry, so, well, you do the math....

the only pic i got to download was of connie standing with feet apart and arms crossed. i thought it was judge judy without her robes on at first. BS101: if you're going to perpetrate the notion that you're a victim, don't take a stance like you're one ultra-aggressive beotch. smile. seem as if you're a damsel in distress. wear a neckbrace. hold a gaggle of puppies in your arms.

mike c

Ask any stranger on the street if they've heard of Famous Monsters magazine, and if they're over 35 or 40 they'll usually say 'Oh yeah, I remember that', or similar. Some will surely rejoice!
Ask them if they've heard of Forrest Ackerman, and while many might shrug, at least as many will certainly say they do. Some will surely rejoice!

Now go ask anybody on the street if they've heard of Ray Ferry.

Or Connie Bean. Or even Phil Kim.

The resoundingly silent, blank stare you will receive matches precisely the amount of 'give-a-damn' anyone of us should now have for whatever Ferry, Bean and Kim & Co. come up with.

It should also match the amount of give-a-damn anyone of us should have for anyone who defends or supports liars of any stripe.

The truth is on the side of the honest, and it is self-evident to all but the blindest or laziest of seekers.

Big words for a seemingly minor issue... but when family and friends are s*** on, and folks roll over to get their bellies rubbed by cowards and criminals, I get just a little annoyed.

Mike C.