Guillermo del Toro buys an item from my buddy off ebay.

Started by Anton Phibes, March 30, 2009, 09:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Wow.  My buddy just sold a Pickman's model model kit pro finished on ebay.  His name is Tony Patrick and he has worked as an illustrator for Arkham House for decades on various Lovecraft volumes and specials, etc.  Imagine his surprise when he learned who his buyer was.  What an awesome experience. I thought it was awesome and would share! ;D

michblk

Wow, that is cool!  Good to see del Toro still enjoys his monsters!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

ramsey37

Several years ago I sold a few Golden Age Fawcett comics to Walter Koenig on eBay. It's weird that we never really think of celebrities using eBay just like us regular folks ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

monsterphile

Did he mail the shipment yet?  He could a note in the package about a great website...the Universal Monster Army....

Rob

depressedlarrytalbot

Nothing this cool but I did buy a Randy Bowen 'Glenn Strange' kit back before they were re-issued, and the original box it came in had Jeff Yagher's name and address all over it .... I was impressed ...

hammerfan

I sold a Harryhausen Sinbad Dragon resin kit to Peter Jackson  on ebay years ago.  Just before  he started on LOTR.  I met Del Toro  at Dragon Con in Atlanta several years ago when he was there to into  a showing of Mimic when it first came out. He was a cool guy and very approachable. Just a big monster fan like all of us.  Goobel Gobble  one of us!
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

depressedlarrytalbot

QuotePeter Jackson

Ah, I have a close friend, living in England now, who manages Peter Jackson's eBay account. Or at least he did, back when original puppets from Thunderbirds and the like were showing up. Jackson would authorise Jeff to do the bidding, arrange the shipping etc. This mate Jeff is a spfx artist and props-maker who turned down a job on Jackson's original production of KONG, the one that he was trying to get made before he cracked it big with LOTR, even though he was living here in Oz at the time and could have conveniently relocated to New Zealand with very little effort. I've never let him live that down.