Time Tunnel Monster Movie Show

Started by Barlow, March 17, 2009, 06:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

Quote from: ICEMANN333 on June 02, 2009, 12:37:05 AM
GREAT SHOW......I SEEN TWO U M A MEMBERS THERE WHAT A BLAST.........CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE.......THE MOLE PEOPLE....CREATURE ...WEREWOLF OF LONDON  WHAT A LINE UP......THERE WAS A WHOLE DISPLAY CASE WITH THE 1960S RUBBER MONSTERS THERE.....BIG J.......

You're the promoter, right?

Gillman-Fan

I know, what a thinly-veiled attempt at event promotion.

If the sponsor would spend a little more time and effort on securing LEGAL FILM PRINTS and less time trying to play patty-cake around here maybe just maybe they'd get a better turnout at their events.

Gillman-Fan

Time Tunnel, the sponsor for many of these Portage events REALLY needs to clean up their act when it comes to the p!ss poor quality dvd's they choose to screen/project.

Rent a decent print once in a while or don't bother wasting peoples time and money. I'd be very curious to know whether or not the proper licenses for showing these films is being secured or not.

Toy Ranch

hold on here.  I'm on the phone and this is getting out of hand.  I'm locking it and will come back and address this in a few minutes.

Toy Ranch

Show promoters are WELCOME to promote their events at the UMA, but should identify themselves as such. 

If there's some kind of copyright infringement issue, it should be taken up with rights holders. 

Every time this show gets discussed, the Chicago gangland wars break out.  Having monster shows is a good thing.  If you don't like the show, don't go back.  You're welcome to offer your opinion, but let's tone down the rhetoric and accusations. 

Toy Ranch

We are not the copyright police.  If you question something about copyrights and the show promoters, you need to take it up with the show promoter and/or whatever entity enforces those copyrights.  If you want to start a fight with the promoter, this is not the place. 

Thank you.

Gillman-Fan

I'll back up a little and say that I'm a willing patron of these events and no one holds a gun to my head in the ticket line.

That being said, nothing galls me more than paying good money for admission only to see the TCM UNDERGROUND bug/logo pop up in the lower corner of the movie screen.

Dr.Terror

If it bugs you, and you know the copies are bad, take TRs advice and don't go.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Gillman-Fan

Sorry, it just really grinds my gears to see the promoter of these events (and their cronies) shamelessly seed this board with disingenuous posts.

Gillman-Fan

A simple "to be screened via DVD projection" on the promotional material would be ideal.

ICEMANN333

HELLO TOY RANCH YOUR RIGHT .....IF _ONE _FAN  DOES NOT LIKE WHATS GOING ON...WHY WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO ATTEND THEM.... JUST TO START TROUBLE.... IF YOU LOVE MONSTERS AS WE DO ON THIS GREAT SITE ..IS THERE ANY RIGHT WAY TO SIT IN A GREAT OLD THEATER TO SEE 4 OLD MOVIES IN ...VHS...DVD..16MM...8MM..OR FILM....OR WHATEVER...AND HAVE A MONSTER TOY SHOW IN THE LOBBY...WHO WOULD NOT WHAT THIS IN YOUR CITY.....*** ITS TO SEE THEM ON THE BIG SCREEN.***...ITS FOR THE LOVE OF OLD GREAT MONSTER MOVIES......SORRY IF ONE PERSON DOES NOT LIKE IT BUT WE WILL TRY TO KEEP MONSTERS ALIVE HERE IN CHICAGO.......((((.POPCORN .SODA...AND A CANDY BAR WHILE YOU SIT WITH YOUR SON AND TALK ABOUT THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE WERE KIDS ))))....PRICELESS..!!!!!...****...WHY WOULD SOMEONE TRY TO STOP THIS..***........THANK YOU ........

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

hammerfan

Hey Gill-MAn  if you dont like it. Stay home. Let those of us who do enjoy the show.
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

Barlow

Well, let me address this.

First, I'm not at all sure which movies you're referring to as far as poor quality. All the movies I have seen at the various events at the Portage Theater sponsored by Time Tunnel Toys have been fantastic quality prints. For example, when they recently screened Nosferatu (1922), they used the newest Kino DVD release, which is perhaps the highest quality and most complete version of the movie that currently exists.

I'm currently working on getting an OK from Synapse films to allow them to use their super-high quality print of Lemora, A Child's Tale of the Supernatural, which is by far the finest print of the movie ever seen.

If you're talking about Day of the Triffids (which I could not stay for unfortunately, due to an emergency at home that came up), then I would assume that's because the only available print of that movie on DVD is itself not a great transfer. You can't blame Time Tunnel Toys for the limitations of the available transfers. They can only screen what's available. The Children (1980) for example, exists on DVD only on a crappy transfer from Troma. If Time Tunnel Toys screened that movie, there is no way for them to get a better print, short of buying the rights, paying to have the film totally remastered, and sinking in an ungodly sum of money to do so, which no one in the right mind could expect them to do.

I have not heard one person complain about the event or the quality of the movies themselves, and I see a lot of repeat faces there, so I'd have to say you're in the minority by far when it comes to being unhappy with their events. Also, the promoters aren't "shamelessly seeding" the board with "disingenuous" posts. I for one am not a promoter (or a "cronie"), just a fan of the events. I've brought friends alone each time, and they've all had a great time.

So, there's the other side to the story.  ;)

Gillman-Fan

Chalk it up to "Buyer Beware!" I guess.