Cracked Magazine Monster Specials

Started by 1975, December 27, 2007, 01:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't know about you lot but these were some of my favourite monster items as a child. If I found one of these at the magazine shop or at a used book seller I would grab it with both hands.

I am not sure when Cracked stopped selling these but I seem to recall buying them when I was way too old to be doing so. The "Lenses" part always made me wonder what movie the picture was from....

typhooforme

Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Tom Smith Monsternut

The art is by the great John Severin.
Best..
Tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wow, nice gallery, I love Severin's art.

roddmatsui

Oh my gosh, I used to have that one, a long time ago.  Sigh!

Tom Smith Monsternut

Here is my fav Severin monster covers..

And my peice of Severin monster art..

Best..
Tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Thanks for posting those sir, they bring back wonderful memories. This is a part of my childhood I must reclaim.

MegoGeek

Oh Boy! Monster Mags!

I had to dig these out of the vault. I have a bunch more of the "Those Cracked Monsters" and the 60's "Cracked For Monsters Only"
but for the life of me I have no idea where they are.

Charlie

roddmatsui

Does anyone have a somewhat higher-resolution scan of the first cover in this thread?  I would like to see the detail on that one.  It's really something.

Mike Scott

Quote from: roddmatsui on January 01, 2008, 06:03:37 AM
Does anyone have a somewhat higher-resolution scan of the first cover in this thread?
From ebay:

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

roddmatsui

Thank you, thank you.  That's really gorgeous.  So much to look at.

misterhorror

Wow! These really bring back fond memories.Especially the cover with Dark Shadows.I was a really big fan of that show and it was cool that my last name was also Collins ;D
misterhorror