My newly painted Horrified: American Monster miniatures...

Started by Rockshasa, November 30, 2022, 03:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockshasa

I should note that this is my very first foray into using acrylics, switching over from oil-based enamel paints. I used Vallejo acrylics to paint these, over a Tamiya acrylic primer. Getting use to the properties of water-based paints. It's very different.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Rockshasa on November 30, 2022, 03:43:01 AM
I should note that this is my very first foray into using acrylics

Looks great, to me! How big are those things?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Rockshasa

The circular bases are almost 1.25" in diameter.
They're very small.

The figures in the first game are even smaller, and the scales aren't the same in that first set.
This second game had much better figures.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr.Terror

Nicely done.    Always preferred acrylics, but my biggest complaint is how fast they can dry on your brush when detailing with small ammounts.

Games Workshop/citadel are nice also.  I love the pre mix washes etc...
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Sir Masksalot

Those are game pieces? I'd be too scared to touch them, let alone play with them!

Plastic Nebula

Those look rad man!! Acrylics are less of a mess when it comes to cleaning up.

Rockshasa

Thanks folks!

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on November 30, 2022, 12:02:33 PM
I'd be too scared to touch them...

LOL, I thought of that. I ended up spraying several coats of Testor's Clear Dull Coat on these when I finished painting them all. The paint jobs are nice and "sealed" now. No need to worry about chipping (I hope). Interestingly enough, Vallejo also has a line of "Game Color" paints, that are exclusively for wear and tear use on miniature game pieces, so I guess they are ideal if you beat your models up, LOL. Almost all of my Vallejo paints are "Model Color". They go on primer absolutely amazingly. So far, so good.