RIP James Bama

Started by Subatomic_Matt, April 25, 2022, 02:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subatomic_Matt

Sadly, it seems the great painter who we have to thank for the Aurora kit box art passed away today, just shy of his 96th birthday.

skully

Very very sad news,   inspiration beyond belief with what he has actually done with promoting the monster craze with his superb art.

Hepcat

Awwwwww, very sad....

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

The Drunken Severed Head

ho most shaped our imaginations.

Rex fury

There's not too many great illustrators from that time period left. Bama was truly one of the best.
RIP
RF

Dr.Terror

94. He lived a good life. Nothing to be sad about.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

marsattacks666

R.I.P., Mr. Bama. Great artist.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

While here we know and love James Bama for the monster model box art and promo material he did for Aurora, Bama is also widely appreciated for his paperback covers, pulp magazine illustrations and Old West artwork in general:

The above is perhaps the best Frankenstein rendering I've ever seen.

James Bama left a major mark across several genres.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

skully

The skill of his paintings is truly nothing short of amazing with covers such as these posted, and others.

Dr.Cyclops

Sorry I've been away, but when I heard of James Bama's passing I immediately thought of my fellow UMA Brothers in mourning. RIP Mr. Bama, your influence on an entire generation is not without merit.
"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Dr. Sam Hain

Aww man, was not aware of this, very sad indeed  :'(  Condolences to remaining family.

Thanks for the info Subatomic_Matt, there is all possibility I would not have known for another few months otherwise.

Still, 96 years old, would have been great if hit the century mark, but good going him for for getting as far as a did, especialy after all the crap over the last 2 years, well done Mr. Bama :)

Thanks for your amazing art Mr. B, many a Monster kit would have been half as cool without you!!