Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Gillfan on November 01, 2016, 03:09:47 AM

The Witch's Dungeon
98 Summer Street
Bristol Connecticut  06010
(860) 583-8306

Open only during the Halloween season each year:

https://youtu.be/CgvNvm5TjWA

Reopens in September, 2017 - In case you are in the area.
ADAM

Sir Masksalot

I've been a fan and follower of this classic monster museum for nearly forty years,
said to be the longest-running Halloween attraction in America. Its curator since
1966 has been Cortlandt Hull, one of a vanishing breed of quaint and colorful
characters in monster fandom >

He was a natural for the job, having descended from no less than Universal Werewolf Henry Hull >

My filebox on "Witch's Dungeon" is overstuffed with clippings and articles which chronicle its progress through the years, in black&white and color >

The scariest ones by far documented Universal's threats to call out the non-profit seasonal haunt for copyright infringement >

Thankfully the dispute was soon resolved and Cortlandt's Dungeon rolled on
to delight visiting families from all over New England.

From my filebox later emerged a promotional postcard featuring all the full-sized
figures from his walkthrough exhibit hall >

Individual cards were also printed of each character. Until arranging them for this shot,
I never realized that I had all thirteen in the set >

Cortlandt's haunt has greatly expanded in recent times, aided by numerous genre celebrities
who've rallied around to support his lifelong mission of perpetuating the memory of classic
horror/sci fi movies for future generations.

Oh Chick

I'm from Long Island and I try to take the ferry over once a year to visit. It's a really well-done exhibit!

thelatewinslowleach

Had the great honor of visiting the Dungeon a few years back. It should be on the must-visit list of any true classic horror fan and worth the out of the way trip. Future Grampa Munster was also a guest that night. Couldn't have had a better time! 
My music is for Phoenix. Only she can sing it. Anyone else who tries, dies.