Super 7 New UM Shoes

Started by Mike Scott, May 14, 2021, 06:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Count Zachula

All this does is make me wonder when the series 3 of the Reaction figures will be out.

Mike Scott

I'm not paying $100 for a pair of shoes I can't wear, either.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monster Mike

100?...Seriously, who designed these shoes and actually thought they would sell for $100?  I've seen better shoes at the goodwill store for a lot less.  Brand should be called "Suck-only".

I'm not a shoe designer but if you want the collector to buy these make them more appealing.  For example, put a swimming creature on both sides of shoe, creature head/face on front toe area, maybe a claw on back heel area, creature title on the tongue, great green color combos and have the shoebox have great graphics as well. This way someone will purchase and it will be a great item to display in collection. Or wear.

Anton Phibes

Sure this is awesome news for those in the collectable footwear category of collectors. Whoever you may be :angel: 8) ;D ;D.

BRICK

I know that Disney (at one time) charged less to license the title or typeface of a film without actually showing any of the characters. I wonder if this misguided concept is something similar.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

fearliath

Quote from: Monster Mike on May 15, 2021, 12:57:59 AM
100?...Seriously, who designed these shoes and actually thought they would sell for $100?  I've seen better shoes at the goodwill store for a lot less.  Brand should be called "Suck-only".

I'm not a shoe designer but if you want the collector to buy these make them more appealing.  For example, put a swimming creature on both sides of shoe, creature head/face on front toe area, maybe a claw on back heel area, creature title on the tongue, great green color combos and have the shoebox have great graphics as well. This way someone will purchase and it will be a great item to display in collection. Or wear.

At the Super 7 Boodega in 2018 they made a limited run of these (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman and Metaluna Mutant) and they sold out in the first 5 minutes and sell for many hundreds of dollars now.

This is a much larger run and I would be astonished if they didn't sell out extremely fast. There are a ton, repeat TON of people who collect shoes and pay WAY more than $100/pair. And the weirder they look the better they sell most times. The entire point of shoes like this is that they don't look entirely obvious what they're based on to the casual observer, but if you know, you know (they do say the name of the monster on the tongue, in the pictures at least). Many of the same people who will buy these shoes would find it extremely bizarre that an adult man would buy monster toys for himself.

To each their own.

Buzzybean

Universalrocks

These are only being sold locally in the super7 store I read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fearliath

Quote from: Universalrocks on May 15, 2021, 04:41:37 PM
These are only being sold locally in the super7 store I read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

From the Super 7 release:

"The Super7 x Saucony Universal Monsters collection will launch Friday, May 21 at Noon PT exclusively at Super7.com, Saucony.com, and Super7's two retail locations in San Francisco and San Diego."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dr.Terror

Garbage.  How about you get on those Soaky's and Series 3 ReAction instead if making clown shoes Super 7..
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Dr.Terror on May 19, 2021, 01:45:26 AM
Garbage.  How about you get on those Soaky's and Series 3 ReAction instead if making clown shoes Super 7..

Great idea.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monster Mike

I 3rd that!...what's weird is these are adult sizes only.  They look like kids shoes so why not at least make them available in kid sizes?  Problem is the price though. Kids can get  some cooler looking shoes for less than $100. 

Pro: kids wear these to school and don't have to worry about them getting stolen
Con: kids wear these to school and get beat up

Monster Mike

...but at least now, we know the monsters have "soles!"