Creepshow TV Series Coming to Shudder

Started by BRICK, September 13, 2019, 01:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRICK

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

marsattacks666

Quote from: BRICK on September 13, 2019, 01:05:09 AM
A new TV series based on Creepshow is coming to Shudder later this month:

https://deadline.com/video/creepshow-trailer-shudder-premiere-date/

I am.so excited for this television show. Hopefully Creepshow the television show will be good.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BRICK

Supposedly, today is the premiere of the series! I'll try to check it out.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

eviljim

Watched the first episode.
Even though I enjoyed it, something seemed a little flat to me.
Need to rewatch.
I think it's a shame that this only available on Shudder at the moment for the causal " it's Halloween time" fan. Not sure if many will get to see the episodes.
I can't really see keeping the channel for much longer myself.
Everybody needs to believe in something , I believe I'll have another beer!

Wicked Lester

Pretty cool show but only 6 episodes! Me want MORE.

Akira-Devilman

I dint know why but modern series are soo short by now...like the new Netflix Dracula series that only ave 3 chapters. But anyway, i really really hope this series continue, it was really awesome even if here in Mexico we dont have a way to see it

BigShadow

I watched the first two episodes and didn't really think they were anything special.  I mean, they were fun, but really didn't keep my interest.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Doh!

Unless the series ends up on Netflix or Hulu, I doubt I'll ever see it. However, that didn't prevent me from pre-ordering the action figure. This looks great:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/105814

Mike...In 3-D!

Has anyone been watching this? I watched all of season 1 and I just started season 2. It's nothing ground breaking but I've enjoyed the ride so far. The first episode of season 2 has a nice Evil Dead nod.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

zombiehorror

I watched about 4 episodes awhile ago and then kind of forgot about it; the stories are alright but as you noted nothing groundbreaking. I actually watched episode 5 earlier today and rewatched the 4th one as well; gonna finish season 1 out at some point then on to season 2.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on May 04, 2021, 06:56:20 PM
Has anyone been watching this? I watched all of season 1 and I just started season 2. It's nothing ground breaking but I've enjoyed the ride so far. The first episode of season 2 has a nice Evil Dead nod.

Season 2 Episode 5 is kind of cool.

the_last_gunslinger

I really liked season two. It was a vast improvement over the first. At least they made an attempt to create the same kind of cautionary morality tale horror that the movie did back in the 80s.

I really liked "Monster Kid," "Dead and Breakfast" and "The Right Snuff." I also liked seeing Ashley Laurence pop up in the "Pesticide" episode. Kirsty Cotton was always one of my favorite 80's horror heroins.

Season three should be out later this year, so at least there won't be a long wait.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

marsattacks666

Season 2 seems better than Season 1
The episode with Justin Long in Night of the Living Dead Late Show, reminded me of a Tales From the Crypt episode.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BigShadow

Season 2 was much better.  The first two episodes were my favorite!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast