Wolfman Jalopy

Started by ilikemonsters, March 18, 2021, 06:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skully

Mike, yes, I think you're correct.   This really isn't anything new with these jalopies,  years ago a toy dealer found a generic one and popped off the clown head and put a Frankenstein head on it,  this was back in the early 90's.  The rubber Frank head was from a pencil topper, a perfect fit.  I showed the person who bought it what a genuine one looked like.  Even after looking at mine he still believed that his was the real deal,  and he paid bucks for it even back then.  This was around the same time that the fake rectangular Munsters keychain flashlights were circulating around,  they looked so good,  even I was almost fooled by them.  Kind of like the Addams family small round pull-light that's on E-bay now, that round sticker has the same "look" to it, but I'm just not familiar enough with the piece to actually tell.

Mike Scott

Quote from: skully on April 02, 2021, 11:28:01 PM
Kind of like the Addams family small round pull-light that's on E-bay now, that round sticker has the same "look" to it, but I'm just not familiar enough with the piece to actually tell.

Looks legit, buy the cord has been changed.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/addams-family-bantam-lite-pinback-292526528
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr.Terror

Head is the sharpener sculpt.    Curious if it was recast, or just cur off the base and repainted.   It was hand painted....carfully.  Looks noting like the technique used  on the other factory heads.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Dr.Terror

Quote from: skully on April 02, 2021, 11:28:01 PM
Mike, yes, I think you're correct.   This really isn't anything new with these jalopies,  years ago a toy dealer found a generic one and popped off the clown head and put a Frankenstein head on it,  this was back in the early 90's.  The rubber Frank head was from a pencil topper, a perfect fit.

Was it the 90s Style Guide squirt head?
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

skully

Hi Dr. Terror.  No,  it was actually a vintage Frank pencil topper head from the 60's or early 70's.  I actually remember seeing them back then,  they were sold in a clear tall plastic cylinder counter container and they were on top of pencils and sometimes pens also,  the head was painted but the skin color was a sort of light blue.

skully

Mike,  great work looking up the Addams family light, so it might actually be a legit piece, wonder what that particular one sold for and when.  Very, very obscure piece for sure.

Mike Scott

Quote from: skully on April 03, 2021, 06:58:45 AM
wonder what that particular one sold for and when.

You'll have to pay to find out.  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website