NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Buzzybean on June 24, 2021, 03:07:11 AM
Bela Dracula
Karloff Frankenstein
Strange Frankenstein
Chaney Jr Wolfman
Chaney Sr Phantom
Creature
Chaney Jr Mummy

would be my 7.

Good choices!  Too bad we're getting another Karloff Mummy and Monster.  Hopefully they do more than the 7 sculpted!  :)

Dr.Terror

Id take a  Kharis, Glenn Strange, Son Of Drac , Ygor over the Creature.   
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

TheMadScientist

Caved and ordered a Frankenstein on eBay for a decent price. I've pretty much visited or called every Wal-Mart in the area, to no avail. Since I just ordered one on eBay, I can guarantee you they'll be popping up where I am next week. Oh well.

marsattacks666

Went to two Walmart stores yesterday.... and.....no.... Frankenstein.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

MonsterBaker666

Quote from: Count Zachula on June 23, 2021, 09:06:56 PM
Ok so I got a little bored and did some photoshopping...was just curious what this sculpt would look like with different paint. Not perfect but what do you guys think? (oops, I wrote two number 3's)

Definitely better with the darker skin tone and no moustache. 

Hopefully NECA will see this and adjust their paint scheme before production.

As to the 7 monsters...

I think it is likely Frankenstein's monster (already out), The Wolf Man (coming soon as we all see), The Mummy (I think they teased a photo previously that it's coming soon), and likely (hopefully) Bride Of Frankenstein, Creature From The Black Lagoon (PLEASE...no red lips!), Dracula (I think they confirmed this) and She Wolf Of London...Just kidding...Chaney Phantom Of The Opera.

EDITOR MFTV

I'm still waiting on the DD Kharis which has been rumored for years.
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com

Anton Phibes

Quote from: EDITOR MFTV on June 24, 2021, 01:04:27 PM
I'm still waiting on the DD Kharis which has been rumored for years.

Might wanna check with Martin on Kharis. DD has switched gears, and is doing a lot of licensed Lovecraft and Fulci stuff for Pallbearer and Cadabra nowadays. His fan figures seem geared towards newer properties these days. Kharis might be on the back burner.

Subatomic_Matt

Is the color Frankenstein's Monster going to be at Target? I haven't found zip at Wal-Mart...

fearliath

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on June 26, 2021, 04:40:31 PM

Is the color Frankenstein's Monster going to be at Target? I haven't found zip at Wal-Mart...

Yes, eventually. And distribution at Walmart's is weird. 6-8 at some stores. Nothing at MANY others. I think in time the rest of the Walmart's will get them.

aura of foreboding

No Frankies at my Walmarts either.  I'm not too worried, considering this is getting a wider release. 

marsattacks666

I went to another Walmart in my area. Again, nothing. Plenty of Pennywise/ IT and Alien ultimate figures.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Universalrocks

The Neca Wolf man has the same concept that the 2004 Jakks Pacific Wolf Man did. You had both Wolf Man, and Lon  Chaney parts interchangeable. I always like the fact that they had included a Lon Chaney Jr. Likeness. The Neca likeness is better of course, but I think the Jackks Pacific likeness holds up pretty well. Plus I think the Paints and the Likeness of the Wolf Man are pretty decent.    

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Taptalk.

Lazarus

Honestly, I think the skin should be even darker than that.  It's a step in the right direction though.

Dr.Terror

I like that the shirt is unbuttoned on the Jakks

Are the right elbows seized on yours??   Ive had multiples,  carded and boxed.  All had seized elbows
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Universalrocks

Thats Funny, I had never even tried the articulation on the figures. After I read your post, I went and tried to move the elbows on both figures. And sure enough, both of the figures had not only the right elbows locked but also the Left ones. I did manage to losen all of them without brakeage and all move freely now. I wonder if these pieces are painted after assembly or before? It seemed like the paint is what was making them stick. Or maybe some seepage of glue if the pins at the elbow are glued in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk