NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Zachula

NECA just updated their icon on Twitter with this...

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Not feeling this Wolfman. Sculpt seems good. Paints are hideous :-[. Again with the stinking green shirt. Now super pale face? I guess I will repaint mine. :'( :'(

Count Zachula

Randy on Twitter just said we will get a full reveal and details on Wolfman sometime this week!

The face paint does also seem odd to me, hoping other pics look better.

marsattacks666

Yeah.....always with a green shirt! Universal's answer to the bland and the bold.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Count Zachula on June 15, 2021, 07:26:56 PM
Randy on Twitter just said we will get a full reveal and details on Wolfman sometime this week!

The face paint does also seem odd to me, hoping other pics look better.

Good news!!! Fortunately for me, I can always re-paint mine. I really just wanted a perfect Wolfman though.  No one ever seems to get him right in figure form. Sideshow came the closest I suppose.

Anton Phibes

I suppose I am going to be super critical of Wolfman, given he is my fave. All I see when I look at this figure is this though. I hate this kit.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 15, 2021, 07:25:10 PM
Not feeling this Wolfman. Sculpt seems good. Paints are hideous :-[. Again with the stinking green shirt. Now super pale face? I guess I will repaint mine. :'( :'(

Watching the movie in B&W, I always pictured the wolfman in those Sears workman's clothes, pants in light brown and shirt in darker brown - two of the standard colors they carried.

Has anyone ever seen a genuine color picture from 1941?  What colors did the costume department specify?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

I think Mike Hill's offering for Sideshow, complete with dark flecked wool pants, and a woodsy colored top is the best licensed item to come down the pokey for The Wolfman. After all these years it still holds the title.

Here's a pic of mine, with flash, to see the color variation. Subtle earthen colors seem to suit him better than the constant forest green Universal insists on dressing him in til the end of humanity. Between the shirt color and the ever present bear trap, I think Wolfman may not be as ultimate as I hoped. Yet I have faith in the company, as they deliver quality far more often than not. So I am not gonna go all sky screaming fan boy just yet. I will anxiously await the full reveal.

Universalrocks

Thats just Horrible looking in my opinion. After Frankenstein being so well done this surely isn't what your giving us? Where is the Chaney likeness? Maybe Im jumping to conclusions. I hope they prove me wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Count Zachula

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 15, 2021, 08:06:15 PM
I think Mike Hill's offering for Sideshow, complete with dark flecked wool pants, and a woodsy colored top is the best licensed item to come down the pokey for The Wolfman. After all these years it still holds the title.

Here's a pic of mine, with flash, to see the color variation. Subtle earthen colors seem to suit him better than the constant forest green Universal insists on dressing him in til the end of humanity. Between the shirt color and the ever present bear trap, I think Wolfman may not be as ultimate as I hoped. Yet I have faith in the company, as they deliver quality far more often than not. So I am not gonna go all sky screaming fan boy just yet. I will anxiously await the full reveal.

I do agree, I think he looks better in darker clothes, adds to the gothic aesthetic. The green shirt is probably just a way for Universal to make the roster feel more "colorful" and attractive to the kiddies.

Count Zachula

Another new piece of info from NECA's twitter...

EDITOR MFTV

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 15, 2021, 08:06:15 PM

The best Sideshow Quarter Scale!
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Count Zachula on June 15, 2021, 09:26:56 PM
Another new piece of info from NECA's twitter...

I can think of a couple where no silver screen variant would be of any use at all. Metaluna Mutant is one. Masque of the Red Death Phantom is another. After all, both characters were actually IN COLOR in the film sequences in which they briefly appear. Which is why stuff like this this never made a lick of sense to me,lol.

Count Zachula

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 15, 2021, 07:46:45 PM
Watching the movie in B&W, I always pictured the wolfman in those Sears workman's clothes, pants in light brown and shirt in darker brown - two of the standard colors they carried.

Has anyone ever seen a genuine color picture from 1941?  What colors did the costume department specify?

In the official lobby card he had a blue shirt