NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

TAKE HEED MY FRIENDS, NECA HAS ACQUIRED UNI AS WELL AS HAMMER. THIS IS THEIR TWITTER ICON AT PRESENT!!!!! Looks like an Ultimate figure. Note the wrist articulation. I am sure they may do color and black and white given their marketing for other lines. I would expect an announcement soonish. They also hinted Hammer at the end of last year. Gonna be a good year for classic monsters!

the_last_gunslinger

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Count Zachula

This is BIG.  These have the potential to be the best figures of these characters ever created.
Though, maybe I'm hyping myself up too much. Either way, cannot wait to see what they have in store!

Also there is a bigger photo from Toyark:

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

geezer butler

StyreneDude

Anton Phibes

I lightened the preview picture. You can see the articulation a little more clearly. It's definitely an Ultimate. Which means the possibility of different heads, hands, and accessories exists. I may finally get the perfect Wolfman figure. This will be the first line I would do variants on and buy both the color and black and white offerings.

Dark Knight 1985

This announcement by Neca has surprised everyone especially in January. I had a good feeling That Neca was going to be doing Universal Monsters at some point in time when they were releasing the Universal Halloween masks it was only a matter of time. Starting this line off with  this fantastic sculpt of Karloff's Monster just makes sense and I do believe Universal has the rights to him in the makeup for the Frankenstein Monster and The Mummy Imhotep. Which I'm expecting to be the next UM Neca will release. It seems the Silver Screen edition will be the general release and as far as the color variant for the Frankenstein goes I think that Neca will release that as some type of exclusive At Walmart or Target later on , which seems to be the way Neca releases variations these days. As he will be an Ultimate most likely He will have 2-3 head sculpt expressions with various accessories chains, manacles maybe even a Brain or torch. I'm hoping that the Neca Ultimate Karloff Monster is released by May or June. In the coming days there will be more information and especially with It being Toyfair season as this yr will be virtual of course . As a collector I'm excited Neca will do their versions of Universal Monsters! I will purchase this Frankenstein piece  immediately for sure.

fearliath

I have never purchased anything NECA and I know nothing about them so I have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer. I have heard a lot of people complain about trying to actually obtain some of the NECA figures and it's confused me somewhat. I know they sell some figures in stores but not all of them? Are some extremely limited and some not?

Basically, when these go on sale is there a chance someone might not be able to get one because they didn't utilize a bot to order at the speed of light?  I'd hate to get A Frank and Wolfman and then not be able to get a Creature or whatever. If it's a hassle to buy them I just won't bother. How are such figures usually sold?

aura of foreboding

This is beautiful.  I hope they keep producing these and ultimately do a Lugosi.  I worry about Karloff fatigue, but I will buy one because it's stunning.  I just don't want to get burned again like I did with Mezco, where I go in on BOTH color and black and white and then don't get another figure.  I don't do black and white, and I have tried to say no to Karloff Frankenstein items...  But I am going to go all in again, and I hope it pays off.  I want a Chaney Wolf Man and Phantom, a Lugosi Dracula, and a Creature. 

Palifan

The figure does look excellent but I only tend to go for cloth clothed figures in my collection so I will probably pass on most of these (although there's always room for Wolfman and The Creature if they look good  ;D).

I know a lot of people like these ultimate figures and it certainly seems like the way the bulk of collectors have gone. I definitely can see the appeal with articulation and posing, but it's just the joints/joins to the movable areas that don't quite work for me.

Each to their own though and it really is a nice looking figure so I can why there will be a lot of happy people out there. Also this really does look like a massive year for Monster Toys, we could be at the start of another slight monster craze for this type of thing (you'll know we are when Monopoly release a Universal set  8))......about time!

Ian

Dark Knight 1985

At Fearliath No,I collect a lot of Neca pieces and these will not be extremely hard to get especially this  first Release of Karloff's Monster as I'm Pretty sure they will make him widely available on websites such as bigbadtoystore.Com, entertainment earth, Amok Time and The Neca Direct eBay/Amazon store & other specialty shops who carry Neca items. Neca's hard to get exclusives are the popular Ninja Turtles Animated figures at Target and Classic Movie figures Walmart and there are some difficulties obtaining them because you can only get them there or sometimes on the Neca store.com which carry limited figures at times. However If they have a colored variant planned in which I'm
Sure they do because Neca really likes to repaints and rehash figures  which makes sense do to getting value out of their sculpture molds, the colored Frankenstein will probably be an exclusive later at Target or Walmart. Neca seems to be doing their exclusive variants these days at those places. I'm thinking his retail will be around $30-36 which most Ultimate Neca figures are.

Joseph_Baeza

I normally do not collect the Neca 7-inch PVC figures, as I prefer the 8-inch cloth ones.  But I will definitely be making an exception here!  I'm sure the detail and sculpts are going to be amazing! 

fearliath

Quote from: Dark Knight 1985 on January 30, 2021, 11:38:30 AM
However If they have a colored variant planned in which I'm
Sure they do because Neca really likes to repaints and rehash figures  which makes sense do to getting value out of their sculpture molds, the colored Frankenstein will probably be an exclusive later at Target or Walmart. Neca seems to be doing their exclusive variants these days at those places. I'm thinking his retail will be around $30-36 which most Ultimate Neca figures are.

Thank you Dark Knight! This was actually my concern. I would for sure go for the color version (I've never liked the black and white stuff, just a strong personal preference). I'm just hesitant to chase a limited release figure all over retail stores. Especially if I have to do that for multiple figures.

NECA stuff is extremely impressive though so I'm sure I'll get sucked in.

zombiehorror

While this looks killer, at this point I'm more interested in what their Hammer offerings will be.