History of EC Comics

Started by BigShadow, December 26, 2020, 04:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigShadow

Has anyone grabbed this humongous book yet.  The History of EC Comics is absolutely gigantic and weighs a ton.  I'm loving the beautiful photos and accompanying information.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

marsattacks666

Looks very cool. I definitely need this book. Thank you for sharing.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BigShadow

It's a fantastic book with huge glossy photos.  With close to 600 pages and over 13 pounds, I'm having a blast with it!

horrorhunter

Looks like a cool book. When was it published?

I have the book- Horror Comics Of The 1950s (aka The EC Library Of The 1950s) published in 1971 by Nostalgia Press. It's huge, though not nearly the 13 lbs you mentioned for the book posted above. It reprints 23 EC stories and has some other EC related content.

Here's a net pic:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on December 28, 2020, 08:34:50 PM

I have the book- Horror Comics Of The 1950s (aka The EC Library Of The 1950s) published in 1971 by Nostalgia Press. It's huge, though not nearly the 13 lbs you mentioned for the book posted above. It reprints 23 EC stories and has some other EC related content.

Here's a net pic:

This is rad.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BigShadow

This edition was published on October 11, 2020 and is limited to 5,000 copies.  I have #3191.  Here is a photo of the book that comes in the cardboard case.  The colors and artwork are beautiful.

tv horror

Here's a net pic:

There is one original story only found in this book by William Gaines and Angelo Torres called "An Eye For An Eye" and this makes the book a key EC collectable.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay