My Trick-or-Treat Goodies

Started by BigShadow, November 01, 2020, 08:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigShadow

Every year I do a combination of candy and comic books.  Usually I give the kids a choice between the two, and more times than not they choose the comic books.  This year, due to the pandemic and the decline of kids going door-to-door, I gave each kid both.  Only had about 20-25 kids, so I was left with a lot of candy and comics left over.  I've gotten a really good response from kids, and parents, with comic books.  Their faces light up when they get the chance to have a cool book.  Being that I live in an area with a lower income, kids don't always have the opportunity to partake in comic books.

Untitled by Joe Pav, on Flickr
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Hepcat

Quote from: BigShadow on November 01, 2020, 08:38:05 AMEvery year I do a combination of candy and comic books.  Usually I give the kids a choice between the two, and more times than not they choose the comic books.... I've gotten a really good response from kids, and parents, with comic books.  Their faces light up when they get the chance to have a cool book.  Being that I live in an area with a lower income, kids don't always have the opportunity to partake in comic books.

Good work! Do you have a source for getting cheap deeply discounted comic books?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

BigShadow

Quote from: Hepcat on November 01, 2020, 04:18:03 PM
Good work! Do you have a source for getting cheap deeply discounted comic books?

???

I go to my local comic shop and grab about 15-20 dollar comics. Next year I'm going to hit the flea market and look for cheaper books.  I just didn't have a chance this year.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast