"Der Vampyrjäger"

Started by Vlad Tsepesh, April 02, 2009, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad Tsepesh

This is the first "project" I would like to share with you. . .

This is the master that I sculpted 9 years ago for the now-defunct MasterWorks. It was to be the first in a series of the characters comprising the band of 17th c. vampire hunters known as the "Jägers der Papst". The 1/9th scale (200mm) sculpt was cast in PUR, and there were--to the best of my knowledge--less than 100 produced.

This thread in my forum will give a taste of the 4 W's--who, what, where, and when--of the sculpt; and if you read on, a bit of the history behind the work.

The sculpt is now about 40% painted. If you'd like, I would be happy to post in-progress shots as they become available. Or, I can simply wait until the "wet work" is finally done. . .

Best,

Augie
"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer -- it just seems longer."--Sir Clement Freud

ChrisW

Hi Augie
Both the sculpt and back story are quite impressive. Is the armor based on a specific example, or designed from various inspirations?

mike c

And here I thought vampyrjager was a liqeur processed with human blood.
EXCELLENT work, Vlad. Dynamic pose. The backstory is fascinating, thanks for the share.

Mike C.

Vlad Tsepesh

Thank you, gentlemen! High praise indeed!!

And thanks for taking the time to read through the "introduction". . .

The cuirass and helm are based on artifacts on display in Vienna for the tricentennial celebration of the relief of the Second Siege. The gauntlets are based on examples from the English Civil War.  Being "historical fantasy", I allowed myself some latitude to embellish where I felt it appropriate; nevertheless, with very little work, this piece could easily be "back-converted" to its historical provenance.

Thanks again!

Augie

PS--It isn't? A little blood with the right blend of herbs and spices. . . Pros't!  ;)
"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer -- it just seems longer."--Sir Clement Freud

mike c

Quote from: Vlad Tsepesh on April 02, 2009, 10:01:09 PM
PS--It isn't? A little blood with the right blend of herbs and spices. . . Pros't!  ;)

That's what I thought!

Mike C.

ChrisW

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit!

Seriously, very nice. I like the cross nasal.