ORIGINAL ART and LE PRINTS in Our Collections.

Started by horrorhunter, April 28, 2020, 10:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skully

Horrorhunter,  for your info,  I was around 8 years ago,  and yes,  there may have been many more postings a few years ago,  but obviously with it still being a great site it's still not to your liking.  Sure,  it's ok to be frustrated with less postings, but again, awfully sorry here, it's not fair with your put-down on the site.  You, my friend,  are the one who said you can find the time to do more enjoyable things,  which is the real "Petty little snide dig" along with your "lazy-A$$" comment,   OK?? If you don't like it, well  the same surely goes for you. Tough $#!+. >:D  If you want the thread to stay on topic,  then by all means lets keep it fun instead of inserting off the wall comments that have nothing to do with original art.  Believe me, you surely didn't rub me the wrong way,  to me, it's the opposite.  Hep obviously posted his photo of the print to keep the thread going on topic, it might not be true original art,  but it's nice to see it posted.  However,  there is a question for you,  just what do you consider to be "original art"?  Believe me,  you haven't been where I've been and quite honestly still am concerning this subject! :) You don't have a clue.

Hepcat

Here is a photo of the custom stained glass window featuring Brer Fox and Flower from Bambi in the door beside my model cabinet leading from my collectibles room to the upstairs balcony:

This is the image on which the stained glass window is based:

And hanging on the opposite wall from the stained glass window is the original art for the 1972 rerelease of the Song of the South movie poster which I acquired through a Hake's auction about thirteen years ago:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 09, 2020, 12:57:36 AMFor me, UMA is a pale shadow of what it used to be. There are constantly over 100 "Guests" picking the UMA bones for entertainment or info to make a buck on with junk they're trying to sell, and most of them never contribute anything. Check the numbers. It's always 100+ vultures, I mean "guests", and almost always less than half a dozen people actually logged in who may or may not actually post something.

Yes. I'm always annoyed as well when a new poster's only interest in an item is "What can I sell this for?"

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 09, 2020, 12:57:36 AMPosting on UMA is like shouting in canyon...you just get an empty echo.

What I find particularly frustrating is that posts which show a lot of effort aren't rewarded with more interest.

:-[
Collecting! It's what I do!