COVID-19 no politics this time...promise

Started by Mord, March 16, 2020, 07:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: fearliath on April 29, 2020, 01:57:00 AMWHO has been extremely irresponsible and frankly incompetent of late. Pro tip: whenever WHO uses the term "there's no evidence" you can assume they have no clue what they're talking about.  For example when they said in January that there is no evidence of transmission of coronavirus human to human (oops, it had only been transmitting that way in China for over two months at that point). Or the time they said there is no evidence a family pet can catch coronavirus (except they can and have). Or when they repeatedly stated that China was doing a bang-up job controlling the virus and we should all be thankful (except that China covered it up for over a month and then cut off travel from Hubei to the rest of China on January 23,  but not from Hubei to the rest of the world for another 2 months). WHO has crapped their pants on this over and over again.

Absolutely 100% true. The W.H.O. has acted as nothing but an apologist for the Communist Chinese government since the start of the Wuhan outbreak. The only way the transmission to the rest of the world of the virus could have been slowed was by the rest of the world restricting travel from China in early January. Yet even as late as February the W.H.O. continued to advise against travel restrictions targetting China (probably because the Peking government feared the economic impact of such measures). The W.H.O. actually praised the Chinese government's efforts to "contain" the virus despite the fact that the doctors who had warned of the outbreak in December had been reprimanded for anti-Chinese rumour mongering and the Chinese government had been doing all it could to play down the threat posed by the virus!

Moreover one of the very few (only?) countries to have contained the Wuhan virus so far has been Taiwan. But the W.H.O. refuses to even allow any Taiwanese reps into its offices because of obeisance to the Peking government! The W.H.O. has become nothing but the mouthpiece of the Communist Chinese and should be replaced.

>:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on April 29, 2020, 03:28:25 AM
Absolutely 100% true. The WHO has acted as nothing but an apologist for the Communist Chinese government since the start of the Wuhan outbreak. ...  ...   The WHO has become nothing but the mouthpiece of the Communist Chinese and should be replaced.  >:( 

OK.  Shut it down, Mike.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

I knew this was on thin ice because of all the varied emotions across our country. Bye thread. Gonna go watch The Wolfman now. Or maybe House of Usher. Toodley doodley neighbors. ;D

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 29, 2020, 02:56:23 AMHahahahaha!! What moron came up with that idea?

Actually NOBODY advised that.

::)

Hepcat

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 29, 2020, 02:30:25 AMI have no medical education.  Just reporting what was said by those silly W.H.O. people.

Glad to get an expert opinion from someone with your extensive clinical background - which is what, again?

Huh?! What brought that on? Is the W.H.O. some sort of sacred cow with you?

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 29, 2020, 02:30:25 AMAnd could we get your position on injecting bleach?

Incidentally Adam, why are you so particularly determined to be a jerk to fearliath tonight?

???

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 29, 2020, 03:23:36 AM
Quote from: fearliathThis is  A big reason why no one posts.

What is?

Yes, I'm wondering about that too. Some people may have noticed that I've never shyed away from frank exchanges of opinion myself.

;D

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on April 29, 2020, 03:49:59 AM
Huh?! What brought that on? Is the W.H.O. some sort of sacred cow with you?

Incidentally Adam, why are you so particularly determined to be a jerk to fearliath tonight?

???

1.  Not since I've learned (from a reliable source) that they are a commie front.

2.  He was all that was available - You hadn't posted, yet.

ADAM

Hepcat

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 29, 2020, 04:11:33 AM1.  Not since I've learned (from a reliable source) that they are a commie front.

Well now you know. (Not that it's been much of a secret lately of course.)

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 29, 2020, 04:11:33 AM2.  He was all that was available - You hadn't posted, yet.

Well I can't be here 24/7. Better late than never though!

:P

Mord

Quote from: Hepcat on April 29, 2020, 03:42:54 AM
Actually NOBODY advised that.

Yes, it was brought up by a confused circus clown on the way to the fair. There s actual video of the recommendation (including the horrified look on the poor doctor being pried to dignify the stupidity).

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on April 29, 2020, 06:28:31 AM
Yes, it was brought up by a confused circus clown on the way to the fair. There s actual video of the recommendation (including the horrified look on the poor doctor being pried to dignify the stupidity). 

Yeah.

But, not by anybody credible.
ADAM

Hepcat

Quote from: Mord on April 29, 2020, 06:28:31 AMYes, it was brought up by a confused circus clown on the way to the fair. There s actual video of the recommendation (including the horrified look on the poor doctor being pried to dignify the stupidity).

Now I heard that some politician asked a QUESTION when the subject came up, but I can't find any indication that any politician made any kind of a statement in that regard. (And why anyway would anyone be interested in any politician's musings on the subject? Me I would have asked an immunologist. Strange all around.)

Oh, and incidentally, have you ever checked the chemical content of the pills in your medicine cabinet let alone the foods (including bread) in your kitchen cupboards? Very curious some of those ingredients.

???

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on April 29, 2020, 04:12:40 PM
Now I heard that some politicin asked a QUESTION when the subject came up, but I can't find any indication that any politician made any kind of a statement in that regard. ...

Oh, and incidentally, have you ever checked the chemical content of the pills in your medicine cabinet let alone the foods (including bread) in your kitchen cupboards? Very curious some of those ingredients.

???

1. Learn to pay closer attention.  Besides, I believe that line of research was pretty much exhausted by famed German physician Josef Mengele long ago.  Maybe someone should look into whether orange bronzer contains dangerous levels of lead - Just spitballin' here.  (Might contribute to our rodeo clown's reluctance to come out of his barrel and take any helpful actions, for fear of mussing his roadkill coiffure.)

2. Medicine? absolutely.  Always look them up in my PDR for side effects.  Bread?  Make my own - It's fun, and tastes better.

Too political?
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

This damned COVID19 has done very little to change my life.  Things go on pretty much as before for me - so far.  That's why I like to hear about what it is doing to other people.  Kind of get a feel for what they are experiencing.

A friend couple, with two kids, has been negatively effected.  He is laid off and she now works from home.  Both kids are being schooled at home (the teachers deliver and grade assignments) and they have an additional young adult living with them.  Makes things cozy in a two-bedroom apartment with NO yard.

The parents threw an indoor picnic for the kids (one 12 and one 5) they put out a spread and ate on the floor.  They had all the typical picnic finger foods, etc.  I can't imagine my parents ever doing something like that.

I suggested that they have the kids camp out in the living room.  They have sleeping bags and can set up a bedsheet tent.  They have flameless candles.  They can construct a cardboard teepee of "logs" and put one inside to make the fire flicker.  Then they can sing campfire songs and tell each other scary tales.  (Dad can scratch on the outside of the tent and growl at some point.)

One does what one must.

How are YOU getting by, during this mess?
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 29, 2020, 08:18:22 AM
Yeah.

But, not by anybody credible.

True. Maybe the followers should try it. Why not? It would definitely make November voting boths less crowded.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 29, 2020, 03:40:40 AM
I knew this was on thin ice because of all the varied emotions across our country. Bye thread.
Yep. I'll miss it.  :'(    ...NOT!  >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...