Post your Monarch Models buildups here!

Started by Hepcat, March 13, 2020, 05:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkoenn

Posted in error.
Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

Hepcat

Quote from: rkoenn on April 17, 2020, 04:02:14 PMHere's some old Wonderfest photos and one has him sitting in the background.

That Fly box art is fabulous!

Quote from: rkoenn on April 17, 2020, 04:02:14 PM

Are those Dr. McKillop's own builds?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 17, 2020, 04:58:09 AMMine are spread out. I couldn't even get to the Gorgo kits or the regular Ghost kits.  I think I have around 35.

Have you built any yet?

???

And speaking of Gorgo, we also need more pictures of Gorgo builds in this thread! Just the single nice one above by rkoenn isn't enough.

:D

Hepcat

Can anyone venture a guess as to why Dr. McKillop may have opted for black plastic for the Gorgo kit though?

Black is a terrible colour for a kit. Details don't pop out as readily and it requires thicker coats of paint. Kits should be white, cream or light grey. In Gorgo's case perhaps green, but certainly not black.

???

Tom_Hering

Quote from: Hepcat on April 21, 2020, 07:16:52 PM
Can anyone venture a guess as to why Dr. McKillop may have opted for black plastic for the Gorgo kit though?

Black is a terrible colour for a kit. Details don't pop out as readily and it requires thicker coats of paint. Kits should be white, cream or light grey. In Gorgo's case perhaps green, but certainly not black.

???

Mine is yellow-green. I remember reading somewhere that McKillop really likes colored plastic, and builds models (including his own company's kits) in their molded colors, without painting them. Definitely a different approach to making models, but I can see how an all-black Gorgo would look pretty sharp.

Hepcat

Here's a Ghost of Castel-Maré built by Freddie Poe:

8)

Tom_Hering

If any kit ought to have been released in transparent neon glow colors, like the Monogram Luminators, it was The Ghost of Castel-Maré.

Hepcat

Here's a really nice Monarch Sinbad model built by Freddie Poe:

8)

NightCrawler

Monarch making models again would be awesome! I remember them specifically mentioning The Thing from Another World , War of the Worlds and Time Machine being possible licenses they would like to produce. Throw in The Blob and THEM! and I would be a very happy modeler!

Wolfman66

I run the Monarch Facebook page and Scott has been showing his latest future kit which believe is the Original Fly that will be coming out.
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Wolfman66

My Monarch Nosferatu with Repalcement head.

Hepcat

Quote from: Wolfman66 on June 03, 2020, 09:33:35 PMMy Monarch Nosferatu with Repalcement head.

Cool! Interesting though that both the Monarch Nosferatu build-ups we're seeing in this thread are with replacement heads. I'm wondering whether that indicates that the head included with the original Monarch kit was lacking somehow.

:-\

Wolfman66

Quote from: Hepcat on June 04, 2020, 12:16:16 AM
Cool! Interesting though that both the Monarch Nosferatu build-ups we're seeing in this thread are with replacement heads. I'm wondering whether that indicates that the head included with the original Monarch kit was lacking somehow.

:-\
Actually the kit was going to come with two polystyrene heads in the box.But instead Scott went with the one head that came with kit.This one was later released in resin.Aurora did the the same with the PS Giant Mammoth with alternate trunk and front legs.But scrapped the idea due to costs even though the legs and trunk were sculpted.The parts were later released 30yrs later in resin when collector but the extra parts that Aurora sculpted for the Woolly Mammoth.

Wolfman66

Quote from: Hepcat on April 16, 2020, 01:54:32 PM
Here it is!

After several other Searches, I pecked in "Monarch kit stash" and found that Wolfman66 had posted it. And I thought it was Wolfman but I'd forgotten the 66.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

8)
Yap that be my stash there posted while back.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website