Post your Monarch Models buildups here!

Started by Hepcat, March 13, 2020, 05:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Welcome to the UMA, SisterofFrankenstein!  :)

Quote from: SisterofFrankenstein on April 01, 2020, 01:24:54 AM
My Nosferatu build up with head from EscapeHatch hobbies.

Cool Nosferatu kit! Nicely done.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: SisterofFrankenstein on April 01, 2020, 01:24:54 AMMy Nosferatu build up with head from EscapeHatch hobbies.

Oh, nicely done!

I see this Escape Hatch outfit sells a lot of boss cool replacement parts for Aurora, Polar Lights, Moebius, Monarch and other such kits.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

What are the best online sources for Monarch model kits?

???

Hepcat

One of our members here once posted a shot of the 25 or so MIB Monarch model kits that he's accumulated. Can anyone find the picture or does anyone at least know who posted it?

???

StyreneDude

Quote from: Hepcat on April 14, 2020, 07:24:54 PM
One of our members here once posted a shot of the 25 or so MIB Monarch model kits that he's accumulated. Can anyone find the picture or does anyone at least know who posted it?

???

That would be me.  I also have a couple of the unreleased Fly boxes.

Also, I'd like to point out to those who criticized Monarch for their slow release schedule, Monarch was ONE guy, whose full time job is a dentist. He did all of it in his spare time with his own money. What he managed to accomplish is nothing short of amazing, and I challenge anyone who thinks they can do better by themselves to put their money where their mouth is.

Mike Scott

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 15, 2020, 12:14:56 PM
Also, I'd like to point out to those who criticized Monarch for their slow release schedule

Not criticizing, mind you, but are those 7 all the models they released?
CREATURE FAN

StyreneDude

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 15, 2020, 12:28:41 PM
Not criticizing, mind you, but are those 7 all the models they released?

The Mr. Hyde square box is Moebius.

Monarch released ten kits total...

Nosferatu long box
Nosferatu Frightening Lightning box
Nosferatu square box
Ghost of Castel-Mare long box
Ghost of Castel-Mare square box
Gorgo long box
Gorgo Frightening Lightning box
Sinbad long box
Sinbad long box glow
Dracula/Jekyll and Hyde two pack

Mike Scott

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 15, 2020, 01:40:09 PM
The Mr. Hyde square box is Moebius.

So it is!  :)

Thanks for the Monarch list!
CREATURE FAN

StyreneDude

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 15, 2020, 02:02:52 PM
So it is!  :)

Thanks for the Monarch list!

No problem!  I forgot there is a variant of Gorgo with different box art.

Never knew the exact reason but they did the painting over using another artist.

Hepcat

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 15, 2020, 02:07:15 PMNever knew the exact reason but they did the painting over using another artist.

Because they're both fabulous and I guess Dr. Scott McKillop couldn't decide between them and decided to let buyers make the choice for themselves. Many of course would have opted for one of each which was so much the better for Monarch!

Incidentally, does anyone have contact info for Dr. McKillop? We're both from London, so why is he ignoring this thread here? It's unseemly if I do say so myself.

???

P.S. I've now sent Dr. McKillop an email in my own inimitable style. Maybe that will induce him to post in at least this thread.

;)

Hepcat

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 15, 2020, 12:14:56 PMThat would be me.  I also have a couple of the unreleased Fly boxes.

I dunno. The picture I remember seeing had a much more varied selection of kits including Ghost of Castel-Maré and Gorgo originals with Frightening Lightning and Glow variants thrown in among the originals.

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 15, 2020, 12:14:56 PMAlso, I'd like to point out to those who criticized Monarch for their slow release schedule, Monarch was ONE guy, whose full time job is a dentist. He did all of it in his spare time with his own money. What he managed to accomplish is nothing short of amazing, and I challenge anyone who thinks they can do better by themselves to put their money where their mouth is.

I agree! Monarch's kits are made from styrene plastic with parts attached to sprues just the  way Aurora's were. The other one man outfits all release models fabricated from resin or at best vinyl. Moreover Monarch's offerings are actually model kits with multiple parts unlike those issued by almost all other one man outfits which issue "kits" with a pathetic two or three parts. In other words, Monarch model kits are real kits in every way and the box art rivals that of the Aurora kits.

But Dr. Scott McKillop is a radiologist not a dentist.

;)

Hepcat

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 15, 2020, 01:40:09 PMMonarch released ten kits total...

Nosferatu long box
Nosferatu Frightening Lightning box
Nosferatu square box
Ghost of Castel-Mare long box
Ghost of Castel-Mare square box
Gorgo long box
Gorgo Frightening Lightning box
Sinbad long box
Sinbad long box glow
Dracula/Jekyll and Hyde two pack

Do you have the figures for the respective production runs of each kit?

???

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on April 14, 2020, 07:24:54 PMOne of our members here once posted a shot of the 25 or so MIB Monarch model kits that he's accumulated. Can anyone find the picture or does anyone at least know who posted it?

Here it is!

After several other Searches, I pecked in "Monarch kit stash" and found that Wolfman66 had posted it. And I thought it was Wolfman but I'd forgotten the 66.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

8)

StyreneDude

Mine are spread out. I couldn't even get to the Gorgo kits or the regular Ghost kits.  I think I have around 35.

rkoenn

I guess I missed this thread.  I have all the Monarch kits and met Scott a couple of times at Wonderfest some years back.  I don't know it if has been mentioned but there are strong rumors he is planning on some future releases but only rumors so far.  As mentioned he does have a full time job as a doctor or dentist in Canada so this was in his spare time and probably a loss investment but whatever he wasn't going to get rich doing it.  Here's some old Wonderfest photos and one has him sitting in the background.

Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!