Post your Moebius Models buildups here!

Started by Hepcat, March 12, 2020, 06:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Moebius Models has probably done more to preserve and extend the hobby of figure model kit building than any other company. Here's the company's website:

Moebius Models

Note Moebius' extended list of car model offerings in addition to the figure kits.

So show off all your Moebius kit build-ups here!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Doesn't Moebius sell kits from their website?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Hmmmm.  I guess not.

:-\

I know Moebius kits are available at my local hobby shop though!

8)

rkoenn

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 12, 2020, 06:47:10 PM
Doesn't Moebius sell kits from their website?
You can get Moebius kits almost anywhere.  I know Frank Winspur personally from local contests down here in Florida.  Before he sold it to Pegasus one warehouse was about 80 miles from where I lived on the Florida east coast in Deland which was where he lived.  I would chat with him at the contests at his sellers table and pickup "damaged" box kits for a big discount.  What he did in the 8 or so years he owned the company was absolutely amazing because the operation was small.  He only had a couple of people working for him mainly handling the business side and between him and a couple of others and the Chinese he had doing the prototyping and production he was producing about 10 new models a year.  One of the biggest pains was the licensing and he would go all over to negotiate the licenses.  I remember stories about getting with Elvira to license that kit but later they had a falling out and she withdrew the license.  Typically the licencor had some crazy rights and could be nit picky about the product.  Then there might be a time limit like he had, and it got extended, on the 2001 kits.  If you are a 2001 fan, which is still my fav movie of all time, Pegasus is in work on an Aeries moon lander, a dream kit.  I have about 80% of his kits and will start posting my builds tomorrow.
Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

Tom_Hering

Hmm. Can't seem to preview or post pics.

Hepcat

How have you been trying to post them? What Image hosting service are you using?

???

Mike Scott

I don't have any problems with "Preview".
CREATURE FAN

rkoenn

As I said in another post, I know Frank and would talk with him at Florida contests where he had a sellers table frequently.  However about two years back it got to be too much, he had an absolutely amazing run for about 10 years, and he sold the company to Pegasus Hobbies.  I have about 80% of the kits he produced and have built quite a few.  Here are many of them and I may have to reply a couple of times to show them all.

Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

rkoenn

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 16, 2020, 03:27:01 PM
Never saw this kit, before. Is it an Aurora reissue, or a new sculpt?
I believe it was a totally new release.  I remember getting a very early one from Frank personally at an Orlando contest some years back.  It is in a slightly smaller scale than the classic Aurora DC superhero kits.
Robert Koenn

rkoenn

Robert Koenn

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 16, 2020, 03:27:01 PMNever saw this kit, before. Is it an Aurora reissue, or a new sculpt?

It's a Moebius original and the sculpt itself is fabulous. What's very disappointing though is the box art:

It's really crude compared to either the sculpt or Green Lantern cover art at its best:

I don't understand why Moebius couldn't find an artist who could reproduce the look of Green Lantern as portrayed by Gil Kane/Murphy Anderson.

???

Tom_Hering

Quote from: Hepcat on March 16, 2020, 02:07:44 AM
How have you been trying to post them? What Image hosting service are you using?

CubeUpload. Same service I've always used, and it's working on other sites. The only thing that's changed on my end is that I'm now using a Chromebook instead of my old Windows PC, which died.

Hepcat

So here's one of your pics from CubeUpload:

Therefore I don't understand. What are you doing? Why are you not using the type of coding I've used above?

???

Tom_Hering

Quote from: Hepcat on March 18, 2020, 02:26:20 PM
Therefore I don't understand. What are you doing? Why are you not using the type of coding I've used above?

It took some experimenting, but I finally got some images pasted into a post reply. The procedure is definitely different on a Chromebook. After pasting a few images, and previewing them, I started getting a gateway timeout message on the previews. So I'll try breaking the images up into two or more replies.