Doomsday On The Moon

Started by Rex fury, July 08, 2019, 01:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex fury

Whilst not really a monster topic, the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing got me thinking about those heady days back in 1969. How do I best remember the event? Like most monster kids, I watched it unfold on a tiny black and white television screen. But what I remember most is the way Jack Kirby immortalized the landing in the last three panels from Fantastic Four 98. I dug out the old comic and enjoyed a wave of pure nostalgia this morning. Amazing that three panels from 50 years ago should resonate so well. Now if only the comic had the advertisement for space monsters instead of a giant ghost....
RF

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

Rex fury

Yes, I'm not sure why but many of my memories associate certain comics and monster magazines with specific historic events. Those three panels have stuck in my head all these years!
RF

oliver556

I wish they could make a remake of it. Adding more scary and infected monsters or aliens that will take over human body like in the movie the "The Thing".

Mike Scott

Welcome to the UMA, oliver556.  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

I initially thought that the title of this thread referred to the crash landing of the Israel satellite with its hardy microbes on the moon in April:

Israeli Satellite Moon Crash - Independent

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on August 15, 2019, 01:36:02 PM
I initially thought that the title of this thread referred to the crash landing of the Israel satellite with its hardy microbes on the moon in April:... 

I was hoping it referred to a sci-fi story about a colony on the moon that helplessly witnessed "doomsday" on the earth - knowing they could never go back.

(I'd watch that movie.)
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 03, 2019, 05:58:16 AM
I was hoping it referred to a sci-fi story about a colony on the moon that helplessly witnessed "doomsday" on the earth - knowing they could never go back.

And knowing that they were (eventually) doomed without support from the Earth. (Kind reminds me of "On The Beach".)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Rex fury

I've enjoyed the responses to this thread guys- thanks! I didn't intend to be misleading in the title of the post- I was just using that issue's  particular title. I'm sorry I didn't wax nostalgically about Woodstock, I think responses from us monster kids could've been fascinating (lol)! Anybody remember CSN's intro to "Wooden Ships"?
...."we're gonna do a kind of a science fiction story if you' ll bear with us..."
Ah, the Sixties
RF