The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Death Wish(1974) Jeff Goldblum is an absolute Hero in this film. 👹
Death Wish 2(1982)
Coffy(1973)
Boogie Nights(1997)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lazarus

It's a mini series, but Queen's Gambit on Netflix.  VERY good.

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

I don't know what it is, but every year something about post Halloween Fall makes me want to watch martial arts/samurai movies. That being said, this weekend was:
Dragon Inn (1967)
Three Outlaw Samurai (1964)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

BijouBob8mm

QuoteI don't know what it is, but every year something about post Halloween Fall makes me want to watch martial arts/samurai movies.

For me, post-Halloween viewing tends to be stop-motion and/or fantasy films.  (Maybe because, as a kid, 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD, KING KONG and MIGHTY JOE YOUNG often turned up around Turkey Day?)

As for the last non-monster movie I watched...last night, GUNGA DIN (1939, RKO).

marsattacks666

Debbie Does Dallas (1978)
New Wave Hookers(1985)
Pom Pom Girls(1976)
Black Mama White Mama(1972)
Citizen Kane(1941)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 10, 2020, 02:44:34 AM
New Wave Hookers(1985)
Pom Pom Girls(1976)
Citizen Kane(1941)

You still had enough energy left to watch Citizen Kane?
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 10, 2020, 02:44:34 AM
New Wave Hookers(1985)
Pom Pom Girls(1976)
Citizen Kane(1941)

Did you have to use a cleaning disc before watching KANE?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Operation: Neighbourhood Watch (2015) - Trailer

Denise Richards! A good fun movie overall.

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 10, 2020, 02:44:34 AMDebbie Does Dallas (1978)
New Wave Hookers(1985)
Pom Pom Girls(1976)
Citizen Kane(1941)

Why would you bother with Citizen Kane after watching those classics?

???

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on November 10, 2020, 03:59:12 AM
Why would you bother with Citizen Kane after watching those classics?

???
I guess I was just in the mood.🤣

BijouBob8mm

When I was working with a group here in town on a retro film series one winter, we decided to do a double bill of CITIZEN KANE and PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, which we billed as "The Best & The Worst Films of All Time," jokingly letting the audience decide which was which.  (And yes, I know, those descriptions are not going to be accurate in many people's minds.)  The film series used a grand old theater, which had originally been a silent cinema and vaudeville house.  Curiously, halfway through the second film (PLAN 9), a bat started to dive-bomb our patrons!

marsattacks666

Quote from: BijouBob8mm on November 10, 2020, 03:19:53 PM
When I was working with a group here in town on a retro film series one winter, we decided to do a double bill of CITIZEN KANE and PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, which we billed as "The Best & The Worst Films of All Time," jokingly letting the audience decide which was which.  (And yes, I know, those descriptions are not going to be accurate in many people's minds.)  The film series used a grand old theater, which had originally been a silent cinema and vaudeville house.  Curiously, halfway through the second film (PLAN 9), a bat started to dive-bomb our patrons!

Sounds interesting and fun. I really enjoy both Citizen Kane and Plan 9 From Outer Space. Plan 9 being labeled as the worst film. Well....that is subjective. By now, there plenty of high- budget Hollywood films that could be deemed as Worst films' ever.

Lunkenstein

Paul