The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LundyAfterMidnight

Driving Miss Daisy (excellent)

Jerry McGuire (okay)

First time I've seen either one.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

Black Caesar(1973)
Shaft(1971)
The Big Doll House(1971)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

geezer butler

A League of Their Own (1992)

I'm actually not a big sports movie person. "Eight Men Out" probably the only one I like---and that's because there's a gangster subplot. But League of Their Own is fun movie imo.

Mike Scott

Quote from: geezer butler on April 29, 2020, 07:44:23 PM
I'm actually not a big sports movie person.

Check out "The Natural", with Robert Redford (and a beautiful score by Randy Newman).
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Step Brothers-2008
Team America: World Police-2004
Rear Window-1954
Sunset Blvd-1950
Death Wish-1974( Jeff Goldblum.....nasty piggy, scumf***. )
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 30, 2020, 10:49:06 PM
Step Brothers-2008
Team America: World Police-2004
Rear Window-1954
Sunset Blvd-1950
Death Wish-1974( Jeff Goldblum.....nasty piggy, scumf***. )

Great variety.

marsattacks666

horrorhunter

The White Buffalo (1977)
Charles Bronson plays Wild Bill Hickok hunting a monstrous white buffalo. A little over-the-top with the cinematic Wild West slang, but still pretty good. John Carradine plays an undertaker in a brief part  ;D.

A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Psychotic scumbag droogs, ultraviolence, home invasions, a bit of the old in-out, sweet revenge, rotten politics, and a twisted ending. A Kubrick classic.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 03, 2020, 01:24:23 AM
The White Buffalo (1977)
...  John Carradine plays an undertaker in a brief part  ;D.  ... 

I love the John Carradine undertaker in The Shootist.  The way his character hands over some money, but can't take his eyes off it.
ADAM

marsattacks666

Morgan Stewart's  Coming Home(1987)
Pretty In Pink(1986)

LundyAfterMidnight

Abbott & Costello Meet The Keystone Kops. Never seen it before, loved it!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

Sunset Blvd.(1950)
Inherit the Wind(1960)
Grandma's Boys(2006)
Naked Gun(1988)
Silkwood(1983)

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 07, 2020, 02:03:44 PM
Sunset Blvd.(1950)
Inherit the Wind(1960)
Grandma's Boys(2006)
Naked Gun(1988)
Silkwood(1983)

Naked Gun flicks are still hilarious. Frank Drebin rules!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on May 07, 2020, 04:53:35 PM
Naked Gun flicks are still hilarious. Frank Drebin rules!

Honestly. I tried to watch Naked Gun and became bored. I had not seen the movie for almost twenty years. I can see why I hadn't. For the record. That murderer( O.J. Simpson) cannot act at all. I don't know why that hack,  Priscilla Presley was hired, either.  Another one who cannot act.