The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 05, 2019, 09:08:20 PM
I got it because the plot sounded interesting - and with 234 Amazon ratings it had 4 stars.

Four out of ten?

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 05, 2019, 09:51:17 PM

Four out of ten?

Well.....based on Amazon reviews, the film/bluray was given four out of five stars. Rotten Tomatoes , based on reviews gave it a 25 percent rating. I give the film three skulls out four. 💀💀💀 Based on the Marsattacks666 rating system. 😁🤡🤘🎃
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 05, 2019, 10:07:47 PM
Well.....based on Amazon reviews, the film/bluray was given four out of five stars. Rotten Tomatoes , based on reviews gave it a 25 percent rating. I give the film three skulls out four. 💀💀💀 Based on the Marsattacks666 rating system. 😁🤡🤘🎃

I hate to admit, I've never seen it. I have nothing against it, but horror comedy was never my thing. I do agree with you about those dreadful "Scary Movie" things. Who finds those remotely funny? "Scream" was tongue in cheek to begin with.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 05, 2019, 10:38:51 PM
I hate to admit, I've never seen it. I have nothing against it, but horror comedy was never my thing. I do agree with you about those dreadful "Scary Movie" things. Who finds those remotely funny? "Scream" was tongue in cheek to begin with.

Evil Dead II and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein are the best of the Horror comedies.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 05, 2019, 11:41:08 PM
Evil Dead II and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein are the best of the Horror comedies.
Undoubtedly. I also like horror with humorous elements ( Scream, Happy Death Day, Cheep Thrills, etc.).

Mord

There's Something About Mary (1998) -

Comedy doesn't always age well. That can't be said of this Farrelly Bros classic. The "sperm hair gel" bit alone, is worth the price of admission.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 04, 2019, 07:27:59 PM
Taxi Driver (1976) -

All-time classic with unbeatable screenplay. Gritty, dirty, violent...DeNiro's best performance. Great score by Bernard Herrmann.

Mandatory viewing for my crime and film classes

marsattacks666

Her Odd Tastes-1969(Vingar Syndrome DVD-2015)

Lunkenstein

SCARFACE  (1932) - First time seeing the original on Watch TCM. Fantastic, early gangster film. Paul Muni is excellent and the rest of the cast wonderful. Great to finally see Boris in this, as I've been meaning to do for years.
Paul

geezer butler

Quote from: Lunkenstein on September 08, 2019, 02:34:08 AM
SCARFACE  (1932) - First time seeing the original on Watch TCM. Fantastic, early gangster film. Paul Muni is excellent and the rest of the cast wonderful. Great to finally see Boris in this, as I've been meaning to do for years.

Great film. My favorite gangster film from that era. I prefer it over Public Enemy and Little Cesar.

marsattacks666

Trading Places-1982
The French Connection-1971

Mord

Blue Velvet (1986) -
Such a great film. Dennis Hopper was a madman..."PABST BLUE RIBBON!!"

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 18, 2019, 12:35:40 AM
Blue Velvet (1986) -
Such a great film. Dennis Hopper was a madman..."PABST BLUE RIBBON!!"

Blue Velvet. Just recently watched the film with my Wife.
Fantastic David Lynch film.

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 18, 2019, 12:43:41 AM
Blue Velvet. Just recently watched the film with my Wife.
Fantastic David Lynch film.

I also loved Mulholland Drive. It's a great late night dream movie.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 18, 2019, 02:32:53 AM
I also loved Mulholland Drive. It's a great late night dream movie.

Yeah. Like a 3am kind of flick.