Bowie fans, consider your day ruined

Started by deadonarrival, July 20, 2019, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 24, 2019, 01:27:57 AM
Yeah, I don't get why they don't look like the characters. The Munsters and Addams Family are particularly bad. Hey, she has a room dedicated to Barbie and I have two for my monsters.  Fair enough (it's HER house...I'm just a freeloader).

Well... if that's the case. I hope your collection is relegated at least to a Man Cave.😔
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 24, 2019, 12:03:43 PM
Well... if that's the case. I hope your collection is relegated at least to a Man Cave.😔

Oh, yeah. My man cave is guarded by a 6'2" mechanized Leatherface. All of the the coolest stuff is there. Then, there's the "spillover" room, with all the things that didn't fit in the cave. Don't worry, monsters dominate everywhere in the house.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 24, 2019, 12:12:26 PM
Oh, yeah. My man cave is guarded by a 6'2" mechanized Leatherface. All of the the coolest stuff is there. Then, there's the "spillover" room, with all the things that didn't fit in the cave. Don't worry, monsters dominate everywhere in the house.

As they should.🧟‍♂️

I have this guy guarding my collection in storage
( this one is selling for 400.00 on Letgo. I only paid 68.00 at KMart in 2010/11.)

Now if some company produced a 6' Bowie.....that would be incredibly interesting.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 24, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

Now if some company produced a 6' Bowie.....that would be incredibly interesting.

...as long as it doesn't look like Barbie. Btw, that's a cool Jason (same series as my Leatherfave).

Hepcat

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 23, 2019, 11:30:55 PMYears ago my ex purchased a Joan Jett and Blondie Barbie. Too me, it's a little weird. Just my opinion

Actually I think the Joan Jett and Debbie Harry Barbie dolls were pretty good:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 24, 2019, 12:45:53 PM
...as long as it doesn't look like Barbie. Btw, that's a cool Jason (same series as my Leatherfave).

Gemmy?

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 25, 2019, 03:28:12 AM
Gemmy?

Yep. They did 6' Freddy (first and worst), Leatherface, Michael, Hannibal Lector, Ghostface (phone activated), Regan (Exorcist),  among others.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 25, 2019, 04:22:02 AM
Yep. They did 6' Freddy (first and worst), Leatherface, Michael, Hannibal Lector, Ghostface (phone activated), Regan (Exorcist),  among others.

Gemmy is hit or miss.

Hepcat

Quote from: Mord on July 25, 2019, 04:22:02 AMYep. They did 6' Freddy (first and worst), Leatherface, Michael, Hannibal Lector, Ghostface (phone activated), Regan (Exorcist),  among others.

Thank you, but I'll just stick with Joan Jett and Debbie Harry. They're more engaging shall we say than Freddy and friends.

;)

Hepcat

No subsequent Barbie has beaten the original 1959 issue though:

Here's the 35th anniversary re-issue of the original:

No vapid smile on the original, no sir!

;)