Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 27, 2019, 07:26:48 PM
Yeah, looks like he lost interest in the hobby.  :(

The 3 reasons people are no longer active members:
1. Lost interest in the hobby.
2. Went to FB, etc.
3. Died.

Unfortunately number three, makes me sad. Especially the members we have lost in the past. Unknown Primate(Mark- R.I.P.)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

And let's not forget Meek who made a scintillating 1379 posts between 1 December 2007 and 14 September 2008 before she passed away and Uncula with 550 posts between 11 February 2009 and 22 March 2011.

:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

Mord

I miss our beloved Floridian postal worker, SCATTER. one of the funniest guys on the board, imo.

Gillfan

I used to be fairly active and am now far less active. I find the group to be at times hostile.
I remember when I would be on UMA twice a day. Now I look for 5-10 mins once or twice a week.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

geezer butler

Quote from: Gillfan on June 30, 2019, 03:08:47 AM
I used to be fairly active and am now far less active. I find the group to be at times hostile.
I remember when I would be on UMA twice a day. Now I look for 5-10 mins once or twice a week.

Sorry you feel way Gillfan. You should come back, I love it here. It's like my safe space of the universe. Away from work, bills, etc. Give it another shot.  :)

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Gillfan on June 30, 2019, 03:08:47 AM

There are tense interactions at times, but I think the majority of us are a lovable lot.  We miss you! 

Mike Scott

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 01, 2019, 01:53:00 AM
There are tense interactions at times, but I think the majority of us are a lovable lot.  We miss you!

Yeah, I don't know where this "we're such horrible people" stuff comes from? FB and those kids of places, all I hear about them is what a bunch a-holes populate the place(s).
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 01, 2019, 03:07:42 AM
Yeah, I don't know where this "we're such horrible people" stuff comes from? FB and those kids of places, all I hear about them is what a bunch a-holes populate the place(s).

Yeah.  Guess we have a "reputation," as they say.  But I'm pretty sure we don't have any louder or crazier or more offensive voices than anywhere else.  There are plenty everywhere you go. 

Remco Monster

Oof, that's a bummer to hear about Toy Ranch. I just messaged him about changing my username too.

I am guilty of never being around, (not that I ever really posted a whole lot.). Well, not signing in anyway. I always end up here when looking up vintage monster toy information. I came back today to look around, as I have been thinking about being more active again, and wanted to see about changing my name, since I don't use this name anywhere anymore, and go by Remco Monster on social media and message boards.

I hate Facebook and deactivated my account a few months ago. Not sure if for good, but I sure don't miss it right now.

I am actually most active on Instagram, which has a pretty rad toy community.
Instagram (remcomonster)

Mike Scott

I can change your name to "Remco Monster", if you like.
CREATURE FAN

Remco Monster

Mike, yes please! Thanks so much!
Instagram (remcomonster)

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 01, 2019, 03:26:36 AM
Yeah.  Guess we have a "reputation," as they say.  But I'm pretty sure we don't have any louder or crazier or more offensive voices than anywhere else.  There are plenty everywhere you go.

I remember when the great Rob Zombie Incident of 2016/17 happened. The heat was definitely turned up on the boards for that. That's really the only time I saw things cross the line from lively debate to hostile action, though. For the most part I've always considered this a fun place to chat.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mord

What happened to Toy Ranch?

aura of foreboding

Mord,

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 27, 2019, 06:51:18 PM
No.  At least, not actively.  He has been selling quite a few items from his collection on eBay.

He told me he is more involved in music-related interests and, I think I remember correctly, dealing in guitars, etc.

He is well and enjoying himself - just not monstering so much nowadays.

It was he who told me about the UMA, back when it was a Yahoo group.  He patiently answered hundreds of my questions and helped me so much in growing my monster collection and learning some of the tricks of the trade in effectively using eBay.

I miss him.