The Lindberg monster models!

Started by Hepcat, May 16, 2019, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here are some really good close-up shots of Glob from Mark McGovern's diorama on the previous page

:o
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mark McGovern

As a kid, I recall these monsters as being only slightly less idiotic than the Repulsives, and stuck me widdle nose up at 'em.  Nowadays, I'd look on them as a challenge: could they be made into something plausibly frightening?  I think the builder of the models in the photos did pretty well.  But where to find the kits?  They haven't been reissued that I know of, except for some resin recasts I saw on eBay a while back, which went for $75 for the set - too rich for my blood!  Maybe Round 2...?
I build, therefore I am.

Hepcat

Huh? Now I'm really confused.

Quote from: Mark McGovern on February 27, 2020, 02:50:42 AM
As a kid, I recall these monsters as being only slightly less idiotic than the Repulsives....

But the kits I posted just above are the Repulsives! So which kits did you find more or less idiotic than the others? These?

Or these?

???

Quote from: Mark McGovern on February 27, 2020, 02:50:42 AMI think the builder of the models in the photos did pretty well.

But you were the builder of the kits in the majority of the posts featuring build-ups in this thread including in the last two posts of build-ups above! So to which build-ups are you referring?

Quote from: Mark McGovern on February 27, 2020, 02:50:42 AMBut where to find the kits?  They haven't been reissued that I know of, except for some resin recasts I saw on eBay a while back, which went for $75 for the set - too rich for my blood!

Not so. The Lindy Loonys and Repulsives have been reissued more than once:

A reissue of the Mad Maestro is also widely available.

???

Hepcat

Here are some really good close-up shots of Voop from Mark McGovern's diorama on the previous page:

8)

Hepcat

Here are some really good close-up shots of Zopp from the diorama Mark McGovern did for Mike Blanchard on the previous page:

8)

Hepcat

Here are some really good close-up shots of Blürp from the diorama Mark McGovern did for Mike Blanchard on the previous page:

8)

RPM

Here is the Lindberg Brain Buster kit from 1965. This was a motorized model like their Mad Maestro kit from the same year. The Brain Buster was probably Lindberg's response to Aurora's Nutty Nose Nipper and Wacky Back-Whacker.

RPM

Hepcat

Quote from: RPM on April 09, 2020, 12:27:28 AMHere is the Lindberg Brain Buster kit from 1965. This was a motorized model like their Mad Maestro kit from the same year. The Brain Buster was probably Lindberg's response to Aurora's Nutty Nose Nipper and Wacky Back-Whacker.

Hey! I didn't know any of those kits existed.

cl:)

Hepcat

Here's an eye popping Satan's Crate built by Tim Nolan:

Hundreds more pictures of his wild cool builds can be found at his website:

Gallery of Monsters, Creatures, Finks & Weirdo's - Ratdaddy Studios

8)

Hepcat

And here's a wild Road Hog built by Tim Nolan:

8)