Return of the Wolf Man

Started by LugosiFan25, March 07, 2019, 09:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LugosiFan25

I've been dying to read Return of the Wolf Man by Jeff Rovin but I'm sure as most of you know, the book is out of print and at ridiculously high prices. Is anyone aware of a decently priced version or an E book version that is available? I don't really like E books but if that is the only way to read it then I will be forced to go that route. I can't justify spending $90+ on a book.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I have a copy in brand new condition. I never got around to reading it. I had no idea anybody was asking that kind of money for it. Maybe I'll finally pull i off the shelf and read it.

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on March 07, 2019, 09:55:24 PM
I have a copy in brand new condition. I never got around to reading it. I had no idea anybody was asking that kind of money for it. Maybe I'll finally pull i off the shelf and read it.

Glad you have one! I've heard nothing but great things about it.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

fearliath

It's a good book but not for anywhere near that price. I have no idea what caused that to skyrocket in price in the past year or so. I bought it for $20 last spring on Amazon and felt I was getting ripped off. There were several for sale in that price range at the time. Maybe I just bought on a good day. I'd keep checking eBay. A reasonably priced copy should pop up.

Count_Zirock

I ended up with two copies. I bought it when it first came out, and was then sent a copy to review for VideoScope magazine. Hard to believe it's been 21 years since this book was published. There were two sequels, The Devil's Brood and The Devil's Night, written by David Jacobs. They were terrible, though. Don't know why Jeff Rovin didn't write the follow-ups.

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

MikeSTZillak

Anyone know where one can read this without paying 80 bucks or more to scalpers?

Mike Scott

Quote from: MikeSTZillak on September 05, 2022, 03:18:59 AM
Anyone know where one can read this without paying 80 bucks or more to scalpers?

It's still under copyright, so I don't imagine you'll find it online. The local library would probably be a long shot.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Earth 2 Chris

A friend sent me a copy after looking for it for several years. It's a very good read. I would also recommend Frank J. Dello Stritto's A Werewolf Remembers: The Testament of Lawrence Stewart Talbot. That pulls in lore from nearly every Universal film, and a bunch of other contemporanius movies.

https://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Remembers-Testament-Lawrence-Stewart/dp/B072MY4Q1Z/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2E96H50XQ0XZ9&keywords=lawrence+talbot&qid=1662495490&s=books&sprefix=lawrence+talbot%2Cstripbooks%2C82&sr=1-1

fearliath

I had Return of the Wolfman (surprisingly good) but thanks to this thread I just bought A Werewolf Remembers as well as Frank Dello Stritto's other two similar themed books Carl Denham's Giant Monsters and The Passion of the Mummy. While I was at it I also ordered House of Ygor by Brad Braddock. No clue if they're any good but I'll soon find out.