Old Halloween SKELETON/Devil Costume

Started by Father Yog, January 26, 2009, 12:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Yog

Hey folks--I just picked up this nifty old skeleton Halloween outfit.  Made of cloth with a cloth mask.  Seems like Ben Cooper style but older.  I'm thinking 40's or 50's.  Has great skeleton print on front and then this weird devil like print on the back.  Anybody seen this one before?  The graphics are awesome.  I dig it!

raycastile

That's super cool.  Never seen one like that before.
Raymond Castile

mike c

Man, talk about minty fresh! Nice costume, in great shape. I've never seen/read about reversible or two-sided costumes like this; I love vintage Halloween stuff and this has piqued my curiousity.
Thanks a LOT for sharing this, and congrats on the new piece!

Mike C.

MDG

Very neat. Related question--I have some 60s ben cooper costumes that are full of creases from being stuffed in the boxes. Is there any safe way of "ironing" them out or removing stains?
MDG

mike c

Have you tried placing a towel (that you're not overly in love with) over the costume, then using an iron over that? I've used that trick on really delicate stuff before, and on some crepe-like or otherwise thin vintage stuff, it sometimes works better than steaming, because you're not adding serious moisture to the equation.
Just a thought.

Mike C.

packy120353

On old costumes I have had success using a hair dryer, you can control the distance and soften it up just enough  to smooth it out. And as we know many of these costumes are "Flame Retarded".

mike c

Righty-oh... a hair dryer will work, especially with one of those goofy cone shaped diffusers, if you're patient.

Mike C.