What Were Your Favorite Toys??

Started by Scatter, January 24, 2009, 04:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: monsterphile on January 29, 2009, 05:17:09 PMThe only stuff that I have left off the top of head are some Auroras monsters and dinosaurs in need of repair and repainting (someday) and an old Fisher-Price schoolbus that was mine from when I was very young.  Thanks mom, that's what you saved from the yard sale?

:o

Mothers are strange....

:-\

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

I don't recall adding to this thread. So.....here is my list of favorite toys. Past and present.

Number one- MEGO KISS dolls, released in 1978/1979
2. Mattel's The Bionic Man
3. A.H.I.-Frankenstein's Monster and Dracula
4. G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip
5. Toy Biz Batman, Joker, Batcave and vehicles
6. Medicon-Phantom of the Paradise
7. Movie Maniacs series.

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

long live kong

My favourite childhood toys, with a distinctive 80s vibe!....

Star Wars
Ghostbusters
Supernaturals
Thundercats
Visionaries
Battlebeasts
He-man
M.U.S.C.L.E men
Bravestar
Dino-riders
Dungeons and dragons
Sectaurs
Mad-balls
Monster lovers never grow old....

Hepcat

Quote from: Street Worm on January 27, 2009, 12:51:55 PM
Any one else have this Remco Frogman?

Pretty cool toy-
Predated GI Joe by a few & really worked in the water!
(Pretty big, too)

Mine got away from me in Sheep Pond  (Cape Cod)
probably still there on the bottom some where........  :(

Pretty cool story now, but it must have been a bit heart wrenching then.

:o

Lazarus

As far as monsters are concerned, I got a TON of mileage out of the Burger King Universal Monsters toys.  My major toy years were the 90's so I had all kinds of fun stuff like Street Sharks, Primal Rage (Which was a AWESOME Dinosaur fighting game I wish they would make a new installment of), Mighty Max (often featuring monsters) and other fun stuff.  Good times, and fun toys.  I REALLY wanted to collect the Skeleton Warriors toy line, but my mom thought they were a little too intense at the time.  I did get some of the Mummies Alive toys (Which was essentially Thundercats but with human mummies) and things like Gargoyles.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Lazarus on October 14, 2017, 11:47:55 PM
As far as monsters are concerned, I got a TON of mileage out of the Burger King Universal Monsters toys.  My major toy years were the 90's so I had all kinds of fun stuff like Street Sharks, Primal Rage (Which was a AWESOME Dinosaur fighting game I wish they would make a new installment of), Mighty Max (often featuring monsters) and other fun stuff.  Good times, and fun toys.  I REALLY wanted to collect the Skeleton Warriors toy line, but my mom thought they were a little too intense at the time.  I did get some of the Mummies Alive toys (Which was essentially Thundercats but with human mummies) and things like Gargoyles.

:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

charp13

Ooooh, sweet lordy- I played with my Munsters paper dolls for hours on end!  I never ever got tired of changing their outfits, and parading them back and forth. The flimsy tabs broke off, but I held their clothes on with all my might.  I loved those things so much! 

Sean

Sean

Ah... vintage Hot Wheels track.  With the clamp for the table.

Scatter

Quote from: Sean on October 26, 2017, 02:49:53 AM

Still.

Me too! Got the Evel, still hunting for the bike and launcher in good shape but affordable. Also, Ricochet Racer and all the old GITD Auroras.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Sean

My buddy Jimmy had the Bicentennial Ricochet Racers.  We played for hours in his basement where his dad had remodeled as an old Wild West saloon.  I felt like we were on the set of Gunsmoke. 

I loved the Aurora models.  The horror figures and the snap together prehistoric models.

Scatter

I had the Bicentennial edition too. Had a ball with that thing.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Sean

2 loves:  Speed Racer and slot car racing.

Doh!

I also had that Evel Knievel motorcycle!

My main collection was the Marx Johnny West line: I had Johnny, Sam Cobra, Geronimo, and Jay West. Also collected some Megos, mainly DC heroes: Batman & Robin, Superman, Aquaman. I think I had a Joker, too. Probably tossed them all after the rubber bands broke on the inside of the figures.

Had my share of Hot Wheels and Corgis, too: Batmobile, James Bond's Aston Martin, Monkeemobile, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Good times!

Hepcat

Quote from: Sean on November 06, 2017, 04:55:08 AM2 loves:  Speed Racer and slot car racing.

When it comes to the slot cars, are you referring to just HO scale or did you have the bigger 1/32 or 1/24 scale cars?

If the latter, did you just run them on a home track?

Or did you also run your cars on a really large track at a commercial slot car raceway?

???