Custom Regan 1/1 Wall Hanger

Started by Rogerbee, February 25, 2018, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogerbee

I believe I got her from Fear Factory Studio on eBay and I may have already shared some of her before, but the pics got lost on PB. The cast is purportedly taken from the original Dick Smith dummy, but, I'm not sure if I can truly vouch for that. I didn't have a wall to hang her on so I found a jewellery display bust to mount her on.

This is the hanger as it came out of the box:

It was one of the nicer casts that had bottom teeth:

Really nice detail:

Primed and mounted, I called this the 'Demonic BAFTA' stage:

More paint:

I found a wig on eBay that was a perfect match for Linda's style and colour at the time, I took a good 2" off the length:

This was as far as I got in Christmas 2014:

The next year, ill health and family issues hit. I did finish her quite a while ago, but, where I wanted to put her was where I was working, so she remained under cover. I am now preparing to move, so, to start the process, I boxed up all my modelling stuff. This left me with some free space, so out Regan came and now you guys get to see her finished too!

Probably one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever worked on. Possibly one of the most accurate too as there were plenty of reference pics to study. I do want to put styling product on the wig to make it more matted, but, I'll save that till I've moved.

Thanks for keeping my enthusiasm alive during my downtime

CHEERS!

Palifan

:o :o :o

That's absolutely stunning and I loved reading the story on it as it unfolded along your timeline. Really great to see all your hard work at various stages and you really have quite an awesome piece.

Thanks for sharing this and all the best for the move.

Ian

Wicked Lester

Wow! VERY nice paint work. Worth the wait on finishing her.

Rogerbee

Thanks guys,

I think she came together better as I refined her over time.

CHEERS!

the_horror_man

The Batman

Your superb job on her eyes really adds to the intensity of this type-quality piece !

CHEERS !

Rogerbee

Thanks, they were the one part I was most worried about, I considered decals, but they didn't work and I didn't have the skills or money for glass ones, so, out came the brushes. The irises were painted and the detail added with a fine tipped art pen. The skin was a base of paint with pastels supplying the detail.

CHEERS!